PotM GrandMarq.NET - Panther Headquarters Forum Index PotM
GMN Chat Room GMN's STORE!! GMN's Gallery Please!!

Thread: For Sale: 61,000 original mile 81 Crown Victoria. $3k OBO

Default For Sale: 61,000 original mile 81 Crown Victoria. $3k OBO

Welp, here we go. Long time no post but real life has been kinda crazy. After some serious thinking I decided to sell my LTD. It is extremely clean with only some minor surface rust on the inside lower drivers door wear the weatherstripping contacts the door.

History of the car:

The car is originally from Michigan, and I am the 2nd or 3rd owner. the owner I bought it from purchased the car in 84 (I still have the voided Michigan title confirming this), and owned it until the point he couldn't drive any more in 2011. The car was sitting in a heated garage and wasn't started until I picked it up in 2015. I bought it at 61,240 miles, and it is currently sitting at 61,499. After I bought it I had full intentions of making it the same color as my first LTD, but college and real life got in the way. After I bought it was also stored in a heated garage and has been babied.

The car has been taken back to mostly stock with the exception of the PI rear sway bar, PI frame and fender braces, and dual catless exhaust (stock mustang headers, catless H-Pipe, and thrush welded mufflers). I still have the original exhaust manifolds and they are included in the sale if you want to take it back to stock. I have replaced the headliner as the original was sagging really badly. The undercarriage is extremely clean, and the body is extremely solid, minus the small surface rust as noted on the inner drivers door. The interior is virtually spotless, never smoked in, and the dash pad has no cracks and is in mint condition (the pictures show a piece of headliner fabric that is laid over it to keep it that way, it is not attached). The dial radio is still functional and works through all 4 speakers. Car runs and drives amazing, especially considering it's a stock VV carbed 302.

I am asking $3k OBO, this is the only place its currently listed, but I may put it up other places in the future. I would prefer it to go somewhere where it would well appreciated and you guys are fun.

The car is currently located at my parent's house in Northwest OH (I currently live near Chicago), with a clean Ohio title. If you have any questions please let me know and I will answer them.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_20200705_130145.jpg  
    Parts Car (Scrapped ) - Vicky - 1987 LTD Crown Victoria: 17x8 Gunmetal Gray Coys C-5 wheels, 235/55-17 Falken Ziex ZE-502 tires. 79 LTD Grille, Taillights, and Turn Signals, Blue LED Dash Lights, PI Rear Sway Bar, 140 MPH Speedometer, Dual Exhaust w/ Mustang Headers.
    New Project: Vicky II - 1981 Ford LTD: 61,XXX miles, virtually rust free. Currently For Sale

Hey Welcome back. If things don't go well here look into Bring a Trailer. Seems to be the hot thing lately in selling classics.

Beautiful car and good luck.
    ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
    My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Quote Originally Posted by DerekTheGreat View Post
    But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Quote Originally Posted by 87gtVIC View Post
    Hey Welcome back. If things don't go well here look into Bring a Trailer. Seems to be the hot thing lately in selling classics.

Beautiful car and good luck.
    Thanks! I've been considering BringaTrailer, it has been keeping me occupied during the lockdown
    Parts Car (Scrapped ) - Vicky - 1987 LTD Crown Victoria: 17x8 Gunmetal Gray Coys C-5 wheels, 235/55-17 Falken Ziex ZE-502 tires. 79 LTD Grille, Taillights, and Turn Signals, Blue LED Dash Lights, PI Rear Sway Bar, 140 MPH Speedometer, Dual Exhaust w/ Mustang Headers.
    New Project: Vicky II - 1981 Ford LTD: 61,XXX miles, virtually rust free. Currently For Sale

Beautiful car! You can tell that thing was garage kept, the taillights and other lenses still sparkle with authority and clarity. I love the wheel covers and that color too.
    1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
    1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Just a heads up, I am currently going through the process of listing the car on Bring a Trailer, pending its acceptance I will post the link to auction here.

Quote Originally Posted by hemihotrod402 View Post
    Just a heads up, I am currently going through the process of listing the car on Bring a Trailer, pending its acceptance I will post the link to auction here.
    Aaaand it's been accepted. Sorry but the car is no longer for sale privately, it will be going up no reserve soon. Here goes nothing.

Good luck. You may be surprised on what it goes for. Now whether that is a good or bad surprise remains to be seen.
    ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
    My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Quote Originally Posted by DerekTheGreat View Post
    But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Beautifully kept car, good luck with the sale.

Chris

Post what it goes for here along with what you originally expected. If it's insane, I'll sell my Town Car on there. I'm tired of trying to sell anything locally, even shit like speakers. With my experience, the take away is everyone expects me to over pay and under sell.
    1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
    1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

I’m interested in the process also. Professional photographer? Do they inspect the car in person? Do they interview you? Their stuff is so well presented, I am curious how they pull it off.
    1988 Crown Vic Wagon - daily
    1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, former lawn ornament
    Other: 95 Ranger, 74 F250, 68 Mustang, 94 Mustang
    Sold: 1982 LTD and 1987 Crown Vic

GMN Box Panther History
    Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
    Box Panther Production Numbers

Quote Originally Posted by Tiggie View Post
    I’m interested in the process also. Professional photographer? Do they inspect the car in person? Do they interview you? Their stuff is so well presented, I am curious how they pull it off.
    They have 3 different listing tiers, 99 bucks for the basic (that's what I did) where you take the pictures yourself, an extra 250 gets you a professional photographer to do it, and then they have the white glove service for the super high end stuff. Then you have to apply to see if they want to put the car on the site, where you tell the car history, any repair that needs done, rust, etc. If it gets approved they have an auction writer come up with a listing that they send you to approve, and add any details if you forgot anything. From there they schedule the car to be listed and then it goes live. I'll post the link when it goes up, I'm currently waiting on the first draft of the listing.

If anyone does go the BaT route, DM me and I can get a referral bonus