07 police interceptor manifold problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

07 police interceptor manifold problems

Hi so we have a 07 police interceptor and the person we had bought it from said it needed a new intake manifold so i didnt have money to buy a new one(cause of covid) so i pulled a decent looking one from the junkyard for 30$. When i took out the old one i noticed it didnt have gaskets so i went to buy them to install the junkyard intake so when i did the car shakes more than ever now and the throttle response lags i cant floor it because it wont go can anyone help me out ? With the original intake it would shake a little and start sputtering sometimes it would shut down. Should i install the old intake w gaskets back since it didnt have any or what do you guys recommend? Any help is appreciated

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

These are all the codes it threw with the intake it had originally

Comment

Sounds like a vacuum leak. Quite a vacuum leak too. Try a smoke test and yes replace the intake manifold gaskets. Also make sure you follow the intake manifold bolt tightening sequence.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Could the first intake manifold be good you think it just needed gaskets? Thats the one that didnt have any gaskets and gave all those codes. After i installed the junkyard one i installed new gaskets so now it has gaskets but its running worse

Comment

Are you sure all vacuum lines are attached? Its possible the first one was ok but that doesn’t explain why it ran better without gaskets.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I have seen some of the replacement intakes use o rings that are part of the intake, instead of gaskets.
            Did you possibly add gaskets to that type of intake, and now there are leaks?
            I’d pull the intake off and start over
            Just my .02

Comment

Maybe ill have to double check i was thinking of putting the old one back in w the gaskets to see if it gets better

Comment

Still havent had time to check for leaks

Comment

Do you guys know if these are the o rings or it needs a gasket? Sorry im new to changing out a manifold i dont know much about them any help is appreciated

Comment

If the gaskets are integrated into the intake manifold, it's likely a Dorman unit. Most parts stores can order the correct Dorman integrated gaskets since they're unique to only those intake manifolds.

The OEM and OE style replacements use separate gaskets that lay down on the cylinder head.

My Cars:
                    -1964 Comet 202 (116K Miles) - Long Term Project
                    -1986 Dodge D-150 Royale SE (112K Miles) - Slowly Getting Put Back Together
                    -1987 Grand Marquis Colony Park LS (325K Miles) - April 2017 + September 2019 POTM Winner
                    -1997 Grand Marquis LS (240K Miles) - The Daily Workhorse & March 2015 + January 2019 POTM Winner

Comment

That intake doesn't need separate gaskets... but I see a few of the seals on that one are rolled over and pinched or just bad. As was mentioned, you can get the seal kit for the Dorman unit (which that looks like) and replace the seals individually.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                      rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                      Originally posted by gadget73
                      ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                      Originally posted by dmccaig
                      Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Just as I suspected lol
                        No harm no foul though
                        I bet once you get the new o rings you should be good.

Comment

Doesn't the 2007 also need some additional sealant due to a mismatch in the dorman unit on one of the ports?

Comment

That may be the white mess on that one corner.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                            rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                            Originally posted by gadget73
                            ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                            Originally posted by dmccaig
                            Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Can someone please help me? I need to find the manifold for my 07 pi crown vic i tried putting the old one back and now its leaking anti freeze im just buying a new one i need it fast can someone send me a link please please i found some but they all seem different than one another than the one it had

Comment

Working...
                              X