SBF Rebuild book

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SBF Rebuild book

Hi all- going to have a machine shop look over my roller short block 351w. I’m going to have them make sure everything is in spec and do any machine work necessary (shouldn’t be much, it looks barely used based on the bearings and cylinder walls)

Question: anyone know of any good SBF rebuilding books. Something with specs and some step by step procedures to rebuild them? There’s a bunch out there.. not sure what to choose. Would be helpful to know what the best bearing/ring etc materials to get as well for me application
    -Phil

sigpic

+1982 Ford LTD-S Police Car. Built 351w, Trickflow 11R 190 Heads, Holley Sniper EFI, RPM Intake+ Hyperspark dizzy, WR-AOD, Full exhaust headers to tails. 3.27 Trac-Lok Rear. Aluminum Police Driveshaft. Speedway Springs+Bilstein Shocks, Intermediate Brakes, HPP Steering Box.

+2003 Acura CL Type S 6-speed

Cartech Books: How to Rebuild the Small Block Ford (SA102) might be a good starting point. I bought a few of those books back in the day and found them to be informative.

Comment

I'll second that..
      All FORD All The Time

Comment

This book has been useful to me don't know if it still available bought it sometime in the 80'sClick image for larger version

Name:	20200714_160107.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	68.1 KB
ID:	1287225

Comment

If you need a set of mics, let me know. I've got externals and might be picking up an internal set soon.
          86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
          5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
          I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by Mustang Eddie View Post
            This book has been useful to me don't know if it still available bought it sometime in the 80's[ATTACH=CONFIG]54506[/ATTACH]
            Of course Amazon has it as well as a revised edition:
            https://www.amazon.com/Ford-Performa.../dp/1884089275
            Vic

~ 1989 MGM LS Colony Park - Large Marge
            ~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
            ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"
            ~ 1991 MGM GS "The Ice Car"

Comment

honestly I've always just used the factory shop manual for specs. Never used any fancy parts though, just Clevite 77 bearings and iron rings.
              5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Thanks guys! I'll start with the SA102 and if that doesnt have enough get the Ford Performance book

Gadget- Thanks, I really appreciate that. I'm going to look through the book and see how much i want/can do myself. I have to see how much the machine shop will charge for checking it over as well (although i certainly wouldnt mind double checking those measurements as well. What are you planning on using the internal set for?
                -Phil

sigpic

+1982 Ford LTD-S Police Car. Built 351w, Trickflow 11R 190 Heads, Holley Sniper EFI, RPM Intake+ Hyperspark dizzy, WR-AOD, Full exhaust headers to tails. 3.27 Trac-Lok Rear. Aluminum Police Driveshaft. Speedway Springs+Bilstein Shocks, Intermediate Brakes, HPP Steering Box.

+2003 Acura CL Type S 6-speed

Comment

Cylinder bores mostly.

Didn't end up getting them. Boss had seen a set at a yard sale, passed on them, then remembered I don't have a set. They ended up being sent to auction before he got back over there. I'll grab a set sometime. I don't have a pressing need but if I turn up a set for a good price I'll buy it.

Comment

Working...
                  X