1988 Colony Park

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1988 Colony Park

Time to sell this old warrior it's been parked in my garage for the last 2 years. I bought it several years ago from the original owner and we used it mostly as a road trip car. It's got about 150 000 miles on it and has been pretty reliable. The drivetrain is stock but I did a few things to the suspension with the help of this forum, I'm gonna list everything I can remember if you guys have any questions shoot me a message. Not sure what it's worth I've seen wagons for stupid money but asking 2500 USD obo If that's out of line I figure you guys will tell me🙂 I know the pictures suck I'm gonna dig out some better ones later.
    Attached Files

Unless I missed something in the pictures, $2500 USD is a steal of a deal.

I already bought a car this year, so no money for another. Calgary is very far from Detroit. I think the border is still closed to non-essential travel (in MI at least, extended to Aug 21st). I don't have a garage so it would just become a pile of junk after a couple years. I'd rather have a Country Squire anyway. I'm sure I'm forgetting some more excuses but at least that list makes me feel better about another wagon that is not meant to be. lol
    Vic

~ 1989 MGM LS Colony Park - Large Marge
    ~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
    ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"
    ~ 1991 MGM GS "The Ice Car"

Comment

Ok here's everything I can remember in the last 3 years:

Put some HPP wheels on from a 96
      2 inch aluminum spacers at the back to widen the track
      HPP front springs, stock wagon rear springs
      4 new Bilstein shocks
      Air Lift bags in the back
      Police rear sway bar from an 89, stock wagon front bar
      Poly sway bar links
      ES poly control arm bushings front and rear i put grease fittings on them
      Did the big brake mod/upper control arms i think they were off a 2001 or 02 P71
      Steering box from the 02 P71
      Steering linkage is all from the 96 HPP the geometry is slightly different
      Kept the rear discs from the HPP, not installed I'm including them with backing plates and everything
      Tires are 2 years old GT Radials i think
      New water pump
      New bosch alternator
      New power steering pump
      Deleted air pump
      AC wasn't working I took it off I'll include the parts if I can find them
      I replaced the steering wheel with a 3 spoke leather one from a Jeep, dyed blue to match and put a Mercury badge on it, still have the old wheel it's included
      Took off the roof rack i'll include it it's stored in the back
      Diff is 5 code 3.27 open i think new fluid
      Flushed trans new filter

Handles pretty good now needs more horsepower🙂

Comment

Sounds like a dream, Id dare say she'd fetch a lot more in the right atmosphere. Ebay, Bring A Trailer, A US FB marketplace.

I have about $3k+ into turning a $600 wagon into basically what you describe. Just with a mild carb 302... BUT it still a $600 wagon. paint sucks, rust is more than present, electrical gremlins galore, etc. lol

Comment

A few more pictures, easier to see the body has some rust here and there and the old owner did a goofy fix on the driver's door it had small dent and he cut the di-noc off and primered a large area. In his defense he was like 90 years old but jeez he shoulda just left it alone. I was going to re-do the whole car and then i found out what 3M di-noc costs🤯
          Attached Files

Comment

I'm not really interested as I already have too many cars of my own, but your wagon seems like a great deal and in descent shape for the price.

I really like the steering wheel. Nice mod. Reminds me a lot of the Rally wheels Oldsmobile had in the 80s. Very sharp.

I would echo previous comments about Bring a trailer/ebay. Definitely a wider audience there than our small car club here.

Good luck with the sale.
            sigpic

Comment

I hear you guys and you're probably right, I will have to advertise it elsewhere. This forum has been useful to me over the years and I wanted real enthusiasts to have the first crack at it. It's actually not too far from being a really nice car but I guess it's a labor of love. I've had a bunch of these and GM b bodies too and probably lost money on all of 'em if my time is worth anything.�� Thanks for the feedback.

Comment

if you were closer to me i would buy it in a heart beat. A lot of the mods you've done are what I want to do to mine. Which bilsteins did you use?

88 Country Squire
                86 Colony Park, non-op'd
                89 Mark VII LSC, non-op'd

Comment

That wagon has far less rust than my '91 and I wouldn't dream of selling mine for a penny less than $2500! Nice deal for someone who's got the ability to get up to Calgary.
                  '91 LTD Country Squire LX | '82 Cougar GS wagon |'03 Marauder | ' 18 Flex Limited EB
                  formerly: '02 MGM, '04 MGM, '04 MGM v2.0, '04 MM, '07 P71 w/5-speed, '03 SAP P71, '04 CVLX (now in pantera77's stable), '10 P7B

Comment

Bilsteins were 24-184731 front and 24-184755 rear. Pretty stiff on one trip it pulled the stock mounting bolts out of the LCA. I welded some nuts on the arm and they been good since. Great upgrade I recommend the bilsteins they are worth every penny. FYI for anyone who doesn't want to come to Canada I'm close to Montana I can meet you at the border. Wouldn't mind one more road trip in this one..

Comment

Working...
                    X