Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1989 LTD Crown Victoria LX water leaking from... cabin vent air intake?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1989 LTD Crown Victoria LX water leaking from... cabin vent air intake?

I have an issue with water leaking into the interior of my 1989 LTD Crown Victoria, on the inside it appears to be coming in from the heater core housing(its water, not coolant) I can replicate the leak by pouring water on the windshield just above the cabin vent air intake. Is the screen for the cabin air intake supposed to have a gasket- or is there possibly some drain holes that are plugged?

Both my cars leak from that area. I believer some sealer around the vent will help.
    1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
    1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
    Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
    Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

I seem to remember a drain down the bottom too. The sealer needs to go under that raised part where the screen is. Originally I think it was a foam tape or something, but it has probably turned to dust by now. RTV silicone would get it done too.
      86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
      I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Working...
      X