This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My 88 wagon

This car needs someone who has a passion for it and time/skills/cash to make it great again.

I don’t want much for it but it does have some parts value to me if I keep it. I’d rather it go to someone who is going to drive it and/or fix it.

PM me if you want my number and we’ll talk about it. Make an offer if you are interested. Three digits ballpark. No worries about insulting. I would rather sell it to you cheap and you do something with it than it sit in my yard as a parts car.

AOD is very weak 1-2 shift. 246k no rebuilds.

No AC compressor or smog stuff installed. I have the stuff that will go with the car.

Has a miss at throttle tip in or occasionally a throttle position change. Clears up and it’s fine after that. Can’t figure it out.

The 5.0 likes a new #8 plug every other oil change. Good oil pressure. Piston slap as you would expect while warming up. Well maintained in terms of oil changes. Motor is clean inside.

RUST. Frame rust. One spot near drivers feet. I poked around and couldn’t find any other holes. I poked this one a lot and make it bigger but what you see is more or less what needs cut out and replaced.

The inner rockers are gone. The outers are present but soft (rust).

The left body mount above the rear axle is soft (rust).

The quarter drop offs have some bubbles as does the front fender.

The paint is pretty dead. It’s thin on top. The hood lost its shine and the sides aren’t too far behind. The headlights are not able to be aimed because the header panel got crunched.

The front floors have been patched with sheet metal and pop rivets. The rear “put your dead bodies down here” floor was patched the fiberglass (the gray painted areas). No jump seats ever.

It’s got lots of quirks. Looks good 25 feet away or going down the road. Get lots of parking lot compliments and looks on the road. Newer tires. Drives great. Stops like a stock box. You can drive it home to wherever. 99.9% confident she’d go across the country. That throttle tip in miss is the 0.1%. Assuming you don’t floor it for 1-2 if you want to travel a long ways.

I have some extra parts I might let go with it if you got a plan for it.

Let me know if you want more pictures.

It’s name is Bertha and she needs you to adopt her. I brought her back from the dead in 2007. Now it’s your turn.

I’m stupid emotional after writing this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
    1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
    Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
    Box Panther Production Numbers

PM sent.
    '89 Grand Marquis "Ebyt", '85 Grand Marquis "Eva", '94 Caprice "Kira"
    '84 Town Car "Stacy", '79 New Yorker “Anita", '93 Town Car "Kelly"
    '80 Mark VI "Allie", '94 Grand Marquis coming June, '79 LTD-S "Oksana"

Comment

Sale pending to hearsesrock427.

GMN Box Panther History

Comment

Alright people.

I am backing out of this sale. I am attached to this thing. I've lost sleep in the last week thinking about it leaving. I've reminisced in the last couple weeks getting her ready to go. My wife met me in this (she thought I was going to abduct her). I drove this to hospital when my kids were born. This car has a story with me that goes back a long way to my first sighting in the Fall of 2005.

Hearsesrock427 has been great to work with, and has been very understanding of me backing out of our deal. 5-stars for him.

Admin please close or delete this thread.

GMN Box Panther History

Comment

I get it. Good luck with whatever happens.
          ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
          My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
          My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
          But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
          my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

understandable. i don't drive the 86 town car due to needing a ton of work but i cannot bring myself to sell it.

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
            2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
            1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
            1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
            2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
            1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

Working...
            X