Tiggie’s 2000 F-350

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tiggie’s 2000 F-350

This is the replacement for the 88 wagon. It took over daily duties as of yesterday.

It’s a 2000 F-350. Crew short bed as you can see. V10, 5-speed, 4.30 gears, Lariat. P.O. tells me it was special ordered by owner 1 which may or may not be true. 127k on the clock.

Three pedals and two sticks are one of the big reasons I like it.

It’s mostly rust free. Someone hauled fertilizer or poop and it got under the drop in liner which made exactly four holes in the floor of the bed. Rockers, wheel arches, and bed supports are rock solid which is hard to find around here.

Started life in Florida from 2000-2015ish. Then to western North Carolina, and now here. I am owner 3.

Needs some minor stuff. Heater core (serviceable through the glove box!), right rear axle seal, low cold idle, the overhead console needs some soldering.

I needed gas on the way home. It was very nice to not have to find a diesel pump.

I hate to put the old 88 out to pasture but this makes me feel much better about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
    1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
    Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
    Box Panther Production Numbers

Oh yeah. This is Ford’s way of saying don’t outmuscle the Powerstroke.

GMN Box Panther History

Comment

what on earth is that plumbing CF ? trying to work out what exactly I'm looking at there.
      86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
      I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Nice. We had a 2000 or 2001 crew cab long box F250 when I worked at the orchard. I'd take it on parts runs and stuff. Super nice truck and not much for blind spots. Such a nice truck one of the bosses actually took it over as his personal truck.
        Vic

~ 1989 MGM LS Colony Park - Large Marge
        ~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
        ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"
        ~ 1991 MGM GS "The Ice Car"

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
          what on earth is that plumbing CF ? trying to work out what exactly I'm looking at there.
          The exhaust! The passenger side bank turns 360 degrees before it is allowed to come out.

Originally posted by VicCrownVic View Post
          Nice. We had a 2000 or 2001 crew cab long box F250 when I worked at the orchard. I'd take it on parts runs and stuff. Super nice truck and not much for blind spots. Such a nice truck one of the bosses actually took it over as his personal truck.
          I am impressed with the ride, drive, and general build quality so far. I am sad we aren’t daily driving boxes any more. We can learn the mod motors together I guess.

I washed the engine bay a little bit and developed a miss. Coil pack number 7 retaining bolt is broken off in the intake (aluminum), so the COP was just flopping around and the hole had some water in it. Cleaned out the water, saw antiseize on the COP and decided to pull a plug for inspection. It looked fine and I can rest a little easier knowing the plugs were done correctly. Put it back and the miss is fixed.

GMN Box Panther History

Comment

Do all the power windows work?
            '79 Continental Town Car
            '90 Crown Victoria LTD
            '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

Originally posted by 79lincolnlover View Post
              Do all the power windows work?
              Yes! And locks. Kind of surprising. I think these got a bad design on the lock actuators. Everything works but the heat (heater core).

Gonna order that, axle seals, and some tool for the axle tonight. I don’t think I can use a chisel on the nut like I did on the 74.

GMN Box Panther History

Comment

Originally posted by Tiggie View Post
                The exhaust! The passenger side bank turns 360 degrees before it is allowed to come out.

So thats the Y pipe, and I'm seeing the two down from the manifold and one out to the cat? Thats ugly.
                5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
                  So thats the Y pipe, and I'm seeing the two down from the manifold and one out to the cat? Thats ugly.
                  Yep. Sure looks likes a horsepower eater to me.

GMN Box Panther History

Comment

Nice truck. Resisting making a joke about the Zero gear... =-)

Comment

My wife asked about the zero gear and what it was for. Got some driving lessons for her in the future.

Bought the heater hoses and heater core (PO cut the hoses to bypass). One of the hoses was $59. They got these quick disconnect things on the heater core end. Which actually quickly disconnected.

GMN Box Panther History

Comment

usually that isn't the issue. Its when they self-disconnect without warning that you have to worry. GM made them from plastic and they were prone to exploding.

Comment

This is supposed to have green coolant.

This is what I drained today:

It has green tones. It also has yellow and red tones depending on the lighting. Maybe someone paid extra for the color changing coolant.

Started checking the plugs for torque. 20-25ft-lb seems to be what the truck people recommend. Haven’t finished. Rain got me. But all have been fine so far.

Oh yeah the passenger side has an interior leak. Currently sitting in the truck in the pouring rain. And not seeing anything. MIGHT be the A/C evaporator drain stopped up instead.

GMN Box Panther History

Comment

Flush it all out and start fresh with green?
                            ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                            My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                            My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                            But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
                            my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Looks like it's full of rust/growth.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                              rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                              Originally posted by gadget73
                              ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                              Originally posted by dmccaig
                              Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Working...
                              X