No announcement yet.

Los Angeles area Mechanic Shops

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi suggish91, I will get in touch with TBD for sure, and its not too far from me.
    I'll send u a PM, if I'll have any questions. Thank you for the help.

Originally posted by sluggish91 View Post
    Whats up gnlkrmz, nice Grand Marquis.

If you're looking for someone knowledgeable in the LA area I recommend Albert at TBD Performance in South Gate.

The majority of his clientele are Foxbody owners but he knows the Windsor platform very well.

I have nothing but good things to say about him and his work.

He's helping me and my dad put together a H/C/I engine for my dads 91 Grand Marquis.

Let me know if there's anything I can help you with too.

I'm about 60 minutes away from you in Ventura County.

Cheers

Comment

That's him. I haven't seen any posts from him in a couple months, but he visits here more than anyone else in that area of California as far as I know.
      I will get in touch with and at least send a PM.

What is that riveted(?) to the passenger side of the radiator support?
      Not sure about it..

If you find decent junk yards in the area you can get the fan shroud with coolant overflow tank, separate/dedicated washer fluid tank, intake tube and air cleaner box from 1990-1991 CV/MGM and it will bolt right in. It really makes the engine bay look neat.
      You can also get the same setup from a 1990 (one year only) Town Car, but the washer fluid tank does not bolt up properly in a CV/MGM (but gets the job done). Unfortunately that's the only local option for the rest of us.
      Pics of my engine bays with the 1990 TC fan shroud/intake tube swap. The first 3 are from The Scab, before I removed the stock air cleaner box bracket.
      Very nice !! thank you for the info. There is couple of junk yards i've checked while back. I'll look in to this...

Comment

Sorry i've been MIA, 2020 has been an asshole of a year for me and i haven't done much car stuff. I'll still be popping in for a glance at things from time to time. I'm on the edge of LA/Orange county so i'm not familiar with shops in LA proper, but i do know a few locals that are pretty good, depending on your location and how far you want to go. If you want a place to work on your car i might be able to help you out too, when time permits of course. Anyhow, feel free to shoot me a PM or you can text me at REDACTED. My name is Adam. I'll likely be visiting here a bit more frequently as i recently acquired another crown vic to drive while the '90 goes under the knife. That should be happening SOON and it's about bloody time.

Oh, and welcome to the forum! Your car is beautiful, i've always wanted a box marquis but never found the right one at the right price.

EDIT: Phone number removed to protect you from spam bots since this thread is public. Please just PM that info. - Sly
        Last edited by sly; 08-04-2020, 05:55 PM.

Comment

Hi Adam,
          Thanks for the reply. I'll send you a PM right now. Looks like your phone number is removed by the website.
          Originally posted by knucklehead0202 View Post
          Sorry i've been MIA, 2020 has been an asshole of a year for me and i haven't done much car stuff. I'll still be popping in for a glance at things from time to time. I'm on the edge of LA/Orange county so i'm not familiar with shops in LA proper, but i do know a few locals that are pretty good, depending on your location and how far you want to go. If you want a place to work on your car i might be able to help you out too, when time permits of course. Anyhow, feel free to shoot me a PM or you can text me at REDACTED. My name is Adam. I'll likely be visiting here a bit more frequently as i recently acquired another crown vic to drive while the '90 goes under the knife. That should be happening SOON and it's about bloody time.

Oh, and welcome to the forum! Your car is beautiful, i've always wanted a box marquis but never found the right one at the right price.

EDIT: Phone number removed to protect you from spam bots since this thread is public. Please just PM that info. - Sly

Comment

Nah... I did that manually. We've had issues in the past with people getting calls from randos.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
            rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
            Originally posted by gadget73
            ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
            Originally posted by dmccaig
            Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Originally posted by sly View Post
              Nah... I did that manually. We've had issues in the past with people getting calls from randos.
              ouu, ok. Thanks !! makes sense...

Comment

Working...
              X