84 highly optioned Vic on the Bay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

84 highly optioned Vic on the Bay

Not in the market for a Vic but bidding on this one. Love highly optioned examples - auto climate control, trip computer, vent windows, leather, auto lamps, premium sound all in an 84. Clean car.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/37313649974...torefresh=true

Chris

I didnt bother reading...those front seats are in really nice shape. Wonder if they are recovered as the rears show aging that the fronts dont display.

Also something funny up with the trunk.

Its got a rotary buff job. lots of holograms. Tough on black paint. Shine up nice in that cali sun.
    ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
    My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
    My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
    But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
    my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Yea, the front seats have no ass shine on them... Car is worth 2k to me today, maybe less tomorrow.

Chris

Comment

think you're right on the front seat. The pleating looks a bit different.

Trunk might be tweaked or one of the torsion bars unhooked. That will make it sit funny like that. Probably not a big deal.
        86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
        5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
        I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Upholstery work is expensive. Whoever did it, did the new owner a favor.

Needs turbines so bad. Value guides will say “add 20% for turbine wheels”.
          1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
          1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
          Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
          Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

Stupid shit gets me going like the power antenna on the rear quarter, not the fender on a Crown Vic.

Chris

Comment

The passenger front seat looks like a vinyl redo. I would not be concerned. Most seats have been redone like that. Most shops don't want to do leather because of the cost. You have to buy at least a half a hide with all blemishes. The under belly leather is more expensive. That piece redone in vinyl in a small California shop costs $175-$400 . The CV looks really nice. Perfect colors, Excellent condition and options. Just beware that it is a donation vehicle generally for a reason. More than likely, it did not pass Ca. smog and it was too nice to junk, so it got donated.
              That is either a TBI or VV depending on the motor . I think I know that auction yard. I have bought cars there many years ago. Very popular and lots of bidders. Be ready to get it out of there quick. They handle other auctions besides the donated cars. If I was in Ca. I would want to buy it ! Good luck.

Comment

You are correct, it did not pass smog back in May:

https://www.bar.ca.gov/pubwebquery/v...pubtstqry.aspx

plate # 1KFU012

Based on the rear licence plate frame I'd say the driver may be getting too old to drive.
                It's got low miles, I don't think it would be too hard to get it to pass CA smog. I always do a tune up, oil change and take care of any codes before I take mine in and have always passed. That said, it is getting harder to find places that are willing to smog OBD1 vehicles in CA.

88 Country Squire
                86 Colony Park, non-op'd
                89 Mark VII LSC, non-op'd

Comment

I'd pay $2,000 for that all day long. I'd love to have that turd. It's not often you see an early model Ford all loaded up like that. Most of the optioned cars were Mercury or Lincoln offerings. My old '85 (RIP) wasn't even as loaded.
                  1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
                  1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

If it had grey leather I would be beyond hopped up on it, my Dad bought a black 86 grey interior, turbines, heavily optioned brand new.

Chris

Comment

Originally posted by tikitiki65 View Post
                      You are correct, it did not pass smog back in May:

https://www.bar.ca.gov/pubwebquery/v...pubtstqry.aspx

plate # 1KFU012

Based on the rear licence plate frame I'd say the driver may be getting too old to drive.
                      It's got low miles, I don't think it would be too hard to get it to pass CA smog. I always do a tune up, oil change and take care of any codes before I take mine in and have always passed. That said, it is getting harder to find places that are willing to smog OBD1 vehicles in CA.
                      If the car is considered a Gross Polluter that really sucks to get that removed. If the car is a VV It is really hard to get it to pass. A few things to consider as I went through many smog tests many years ago with many vehicles. Replace plugs, wires, cap, EGR if needed, Take the car out for at least a 25 mile highway speed run right before the smog test. Get the cats nice and hot. If a pre test is allowed anymore, have it done before anything is recorded. Something that old, it might be a good idea to put new cats on it. If a elderly person owned it, chances are they just putted around. Cats just got plugged up. TBI cars are not too bad but once again, everything has to be just right. Gas cap too. Don't use a locking one. Get a new non locking one as they seal better.
                      I would love to have that car. No smog checks where I am at. Just have to put them away for six months out of the year due to winter.
                      Be prepared for some serious bidding on that car. Something in that shape doesn't go cheap if people have money. When I was buying there,(before the internet) timing was everything. Time of the month, weather, who showed up. Good luck

Comment

The dash trim and door cards are mint. I'd love to get ahold of them
                        1986 Country Squire
                        1969 Mercury Cougar
                        1960 Land Rover Series II 88"

Comment

Originally posted by cbala View Post
                          If it had grey leather I would be beyond hopped up on it, my Dad bought a black 86 grey interior, turbines, heavily optioned brand new.

Chris
                          LoL if it had grey interior I wouldn't want it. I can't stand grey interiors unless it's the only thing offered, like with your Cartier TC. They're just so bland to me and many of the cars sold from the late 90's to present always have grey interior or shades of gray and black. ZZZZzzzzZZZZzzz

Comment

Ha, yea, BUT - grey stands the test of time. Black OK but wears poorly. Any brand new car I bought was eiither grey, charcoal, or black. Only my wifes current navigator is light tan which is very nice.

Chris

Comment

My blue and tan interiors would like to disagree with you.

With proper care, anything will last. But yeah, your experience supports what I've seen, shades of grey to black. Meh. I mean, my Fireturd's grey and black interior works, I don't hate it. But then again, I've known the car since I was nine. Of course I like it haha.

Comment

Working...
                              X