No announcement yet.

Disc Brake Caliper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Its funny you say that about locking the wheels at weird braking applications. A couple of months ago I was catching up to some slow moving traffic in my 87 mgm and I pushed the pedal to what one would think was the appropriate amount and it locked up until I let up some. I thought maybe the fluid was getting old or a sticky caliper but I’m willing to bet you’re right it’s the booster. Eh maybe I’ll replace it one day. I don’t really want to swap to aero brakes but if it’ll help with that I’ll look more into it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

The brakes are the same up to 94 in the front. All the newer booster does is give more control over braking... less digital on/off.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
      rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
      Originally posted by gadget73
      ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
      Originally posted by dmccaig
      Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Just by doing that would help a lot I think. That’s a good way of putting it, a light switch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Also I found pad selection made a large difference with the grabby brake syndrome. I found Centric Extended Wear pads work very well. Stock pads are designed to be very aggressive when cold. The extended wear are designed to be more linear across pad temperature ranges.
          03 Marauder DPB, HS, 6disk, Organizer Mods> LED's in & Out, M&Z rear control arms, Oil deflector, U-Haul Trans Pan, Blue Fuzzy Dice
          02 SL500 Silver Arrow
          08 TC Signature Limited, HID's Mods>235/55-17 Z rated BFG G-Force Comp-2 A/S Plus, Addco 1" rear Sway, Posi Carrier, Compustar Remote Start, floor liners, trunk organizer, Two part Sun Visors, B&M Trans drain Plug, Winter=05 Mustang GT rims, Nokian Hakkapeliitta R-2 235/55-17
          12 Escape Limited V6 AWD, 225/65R17 Vredestein Quatrac Pro, Winter 235/70-16 Conti Viking Contact7 Mods>Beamtech LED headlight bulbs, Husky floor liners

Comment

The 88 stops well but feels like you push the brake pedal down a foot. The 90 feels better on the pedal but stops are sketchy unless you really dip into the pedal.
            1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
            1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
            Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
            Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
              never heard of a box with factory ABS. No provisions on the hubs for the sensors makes it unlikely to have ever existed.

That said I know of at least 2 ABS cars, both retrofitted from later parts.
              Thank you, this is just for my own knowledge.

Comment

Working...
              X