Hello from the Great White North!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello from the Great White North!

Hi all! Noob from Ontario, Canada here. I learned to drive on my mom's '85 Grand Marquis, and had a 2004 Crown Vic for a number of years, but I was out of the Panther game for quite a while until I picked up a 1991 GS off of the original owner (technically second but for a few months in 1991). I had forgotten how nice the box cars were to drive! It's been significantly freshened-up, maintenance item-wise, and I've been enjoying it all summer.

I hope to learn a lot from the knowledgeable folks on this forum!
    1991 MGM GS - stock summer cruiser, with lovely A/C
    1977 Cougar XR7 - stock summer cruiser, with no A/C
    2009 G8 GT - un-stock summer cruiser
    A couple of Elantra Tourings - I have a strange obsession with them!

Welcome!

'91 is a great year. I had (well still have) two '91 MGMs, but recently retired one in large part due to rot. I'm in Michigan and it made it through 8 winters here.
    The one I retired is a GS. It has the Automatic Temperature Control, which is strange for a low optioned GS, and a rare white vinyl top with Crystal Blue Metallic paint. I say rare because almost every car of the same color has a dark blue top. Makes me wonder if someone ordered it the way they wanted.
    Anyway, you've changed me to the right place for Panthers, especially boxes.

And post some pics details when you can. Enjoy the car!
    Vic

~ 1989 MGM LS Colony Park - Large Marge
    ~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
    ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"
    ~ 1991 MGM GS "The Ice Car"

Comment

How do I post pics? I've tried "insert image" and uploading them from my computer, but then they don't show up. Do they have to be remotely hosted?
      1991 MGM GS - stock summer cruiser, with lovely A/C
      1977 Cougar XR7 - stock summer cruiser, with no A/C
      2009 G8 GT - un-stock summer cruiser
      A couple of Elantra Tourings - I have a strange obsession with them!

Comment

They don't have to. If you're getting the from computer dialog, select "basic uploader", select the file, then be sure to click upload and not just close the dialog box.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
        rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
        Originally posted by gadget73
        ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
        Originally posted by dmccaig
        Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Working...
        X