No announcement yet.

Where's my oil going?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lexington was an easy drive IIRC, so was St. Clair. Might do one of those since Rochester is city like and 75 is all screwy. We'll see. I should probably get around to making appointments.
    1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
    1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

Enjoying this thread, reminds me of a funny story (to me anyway) ...
      A few winters ago, we drove from Ontario Canada to Fort Lauderdale Fl. parked our /04 Grand Cherokee (HO, V8, great car!!) for two weeks while on a cruise. On our return, we drove across the Everglades Pkwy., then north to Fort Myers. On that drive, it felt that the car was rather sluggish, later we smelt hot materials, ah, the back brakes were dragging. The next day, I took it to a muffler / brake shop, asking the counter guy to check out the back brakes, later adding that I would pay for hoist time if he would loan me some wrenches to do the job myself in about 1/2 hr., "can't do that"). Anyway, the Jeep is on the hoist, two techs and counter guy are thoroughly going over everything underside for some time. Finally, counter guy comes out and notes, "yu have a serious oil leak somewhere but we cannot find the source". I then explained that we were from the frozen north and what his techs were seeing is a working man's rust prevention. I had just had the Jeep oil sprayed before leaving home. It was one of those "AH HA" moments.

Comment

The Canada plates obviously weren't enough of a clue.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
        rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
        Originally posted by gadget73
        ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
        Originally posted by dmccaig
        Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Some people wouldn't know water if it was sprayed in their face.
          1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
          1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat View Post
            Some people wouldn't know water if it was sprayed in their face.
            You're not wrong.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
            rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
            Originally posted by gadget73
            ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
            Originally posted by dmccaig
            Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Working...
            X