KYB Shock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KYB Shock

So four years ago I replaced all the shocks on my '86 MGM Tudor with KYBs........fantastic difference!

Two weeks ago I had to go out to LI from NYC in a very heavy driving rain. While on the LIE I started to hear a terrible noise like my rear end was coming apart. The sound would come and go......I really thought the rear was about to jettison off the car!
    This week I slowly drove to my buds shop and we all heard the sound while pushing up and down on the trunk lid.

Up on the lift.......nothing could be seen, put the car down......same thing:-(

Up again and this time we find that the pass side rear KYB shock was just attached to the bottom support.......the upper rubber bushings and shock nut were missing?????

After 15 minutes of searching for a nut that would fit along with some rubber bushings.......presto!!......bushings and nut put on the offending shock.

Ride returned to normal...........in almost 60 years of driving I never had this happen to a shock.......?????

A lot of shocks come with 2 nuts to keep the nut from coming loose

Comment

Self removal feature. They are hard to remove so you got lucky!?
      ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
      My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
      My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
      But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
      my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Should have been jam nuts up top if it wasn't a self-locking. If only one nut was put on, thats why it came off.
        86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
        5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
        I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Working...
        X