WTB ATC interior temp sensor Motorcraft YH-409

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WTB ATC interior temp sensor Motorcraft YH-409

Looking to buy one of the unobtanium temp sensors for my 85 TC.
    Motorcraft YH-409.

Thanks.

I found a used one for you. Ebay #303628051290 I have dealt with the seller before.
    I can't download the auction page for you.

Comment

Here's a direct link: https://www.ebay.com/itm/85-86-87-88...r/303628051290

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
      rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
      Originally posted by gadget73
      ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
      Originally posted by dmccaig
      Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Originally posted by sly View Post
        Thank you! Just ordered.

Comment

I will suggest you hang onto the old part once removed.
          As best I can tell, the only thing that goes wrong with them is they get plugged up with (potentially gummy/sticky) dust, which means there is hope to potentially restore them with a careful disassembly and cleaning. There are parts inside smaller than the tip of a pen, though, so it requires some care.

If they truly are unobtainium (as is seeming to be the case), we will need to find a viable strategy to refurb the old ones.

Current driver: Ranger
          Panthers: 83 GM 2dr | 84 TC | 85 CS
          | 88 TC | 91 GM
          Not Panthers: 85 Ranger | Ranger trailer | 91 Acclaim | 05 Focus
          Gone: 97 CV | 83 TC | 04 Focus | 86 GM
          | Junkyards

Comment

Originally posted by kishy View Post
            I will suggest you hang onto the old part once removed.
            As best I can tell, the only thing that goes wrong with them is they get plugged up with (potentially gummy/sticky) dust, which means there is hope to potentially restore them with a careful disassembly and cleaning. There are parts inside smaller than the tip of a pen, though, so it requires some care.

If they truly are unobtainium (as is seeming to be the case), we will need to find a viable strategy to refurb the old ones.
            Every single one I've replaced has died due to the bimetal spring breaking.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
            rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
            Originally posted by gadget73
            ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
            Originally posted by dmccaig
            Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Originally posted by sly View Post
              Every single one I've replaced has died due to the bimetal spring breaking.
              Ah...that's a more difficult item to replace.
              The several I've gone through have been mechanically intact, but have a slight vacuum leak (not external - the intended vacuum path, just letting too much through) which screws with their accuracy, causing them to prevent the heat staying hot. The best I can come up with for why they do that is dust plugging them up.

Current driver: Ranger
              Panthers: 83 GM 2dr | 84 TC | 85 CS
              | 88 TC | 91 GM
              Not Panthers: 85 Ranger | Ranger trailer | 91 Acclaim | 05 Focus
              Gone: 97 CV | 83 TC | 04 Focus | 86 GM
              | Junkyards

Comment

I took one apart just to see how it worked. Not much to it but a needle moving in an orifice and the spring. If the spring isn't broken, best I can guess is the needle jams and hangs open. Possible that flushing it with some gentle solvent would un-jam it. I really don't know, and I don't have a bad but intact one to test. Once you take them apart completely its pretty much impossible to re-assemble. You have to bend the tang on the spring and then there is some tension adjustment that I don't know how to duplicate.
                86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

There are suppose to be two other manufacturers making this part. Don't know any details other than this:
                  Visteon #330168
                  Omega #2953116

Comment

Working...
                  X