Radiator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Radiator

Does anyone know the correct spectra premium Radiator I would have to buy for my 85 vic, thanks for the help.
    Last edited by 1985crownvicltd85; 08-20-2020, 05:09 PM.

Spectra CU547 is the normal replacement.
    Spectra CU552 is the HD brass one.

More than likely, you should have no issue using the CU547.

Also, side note, it seems 1985 Ford LTD CV on some parts sites/catalogs has been errantly listed to also use the Fox chassis radiator. Don’t think that would work too well.
    Last edited by Kodachrome Wolf; 08-20-2020, 05:53 PM.

My Cars:
    -1964 Comet 202 (116K Miles) - Long Term Project
    -1986 Dodge D-150 Royale SE (112K Miles) - Slowly Getting Put Back Together
    -1987 Grand Marquis Colony Park LS (325K Miles) - April 2017 + September 2019 POTM Winner
    -1997 Grand Marquis LS (240K Miles) - The Daily Workhorse & March 2015 + January 2019 POTM Winner

Comment

Look it up for a Towncar just in case. Same radiator, less chance of confusion. I remember running into that problem with brakes on an 85 Vic, they kept giving us 85 LTD parts and those do not fit.
      86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
      I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

yeah.... LTD is baby LTD no matter the vehicle up to 86 in the parts lists it seems like. Mark VI seems to also have the wrong parts listed for wheel bearings.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
        rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
        Originally posted by gadget73
        ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
        Originally posted by dmccaig
        Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

My car still has its original 2 core Rad, will I have to modify anything to get the Cu552 Rad to fit? Or am I better off getting the Cu547, thanks for the help.

Comment

The cars with the larger radiators used different mounts since the passenger side tank was thicker.You’ll have to modify the passenger side lower mount. You’ll also need a second driver side upper mount to use on the passenger side top.

I’ll look up the part numbers for the mounts later on and post them here. I was able to find NOS mounts on eBay a while back when I put my larger radiator in.

You might want to check out the liland global 547aa2r. It’s an all aluminum version of the cu552 so it will still require the different mounts. I installed it in my 85 and really like it. Rock Auto has them for 160 bucks or so.

Comment

I would measure what you have now. Verify measurements with the replacement that you are looking at. If you have the police package 351 chances are you have the wider pads to support the wider radiator. The 302 is the smaller pads. I ordered the CU547 as it is a bit larger with what appears to be the standard pads even though mine has the police package but with the 302. I did not want to go with the thin one core. Too thin. The Three core is available if needed but why unless you really need it like driving in the desert.
              I was looking at the Liland that RA. has. I just did not know anything about the name or quality. I TRY not to get China made junk. I don't think anyone makes products like they used to. Good brands or not.

Comment

Radiator

I cringed having to buy it since it was Chinese made but the spectra ones are too so I said what the hell. I think the only option for an American made aluminum one is to have griffin build a custom one. I read so-so reviews about them and they blew me off when I inquired about one.

I can say this...the liland one does seem well built for what it is. Fit right in without issues. Time will be the true test however. If I get 5 years before it leaks I’ll call that a win.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                Last edited by matth825; 09-16-2020, 03:39 PM.

Comment

Mustang radiators will not fit our cars if you have a 1-core radiator.I thought og putting a 2-core radiator but one look told me it won't fit on the passenger side. Try Radiator Express to order a 2-core radiator if it will fit your car.

Comment

My Spectra radiators arrived today from Carid. Super fast shipping. Arrived in two days !!. Inspected them and they look good. Well packed. For the price, it is a no brainer. Might wait until after winter to install them.

Comment

D9AZ-8125-C is the part number for the bigger lower passenger side radiator rubber.

Comment

Originally posted by matth825 View Post
                        D9AZ-8125-C is the part number for the bigger lower passenger side radiator rubber.

Good info, thanks

Comment

I used a utility knife to cut out the passenger side lower mount rubber to allow the radiator to sit in there. The metal part is the same size as the driver side, just with more rubber to fit the skinnier radiator. Got another driver side upper mount and put that on the passenger side. Done.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                          rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                          Originally posted by gadget73
                          ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                          Originally posted by dmccaig
                          Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Working...
                          X