This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My 81 LTD on Bring a Trailer - No reserve

Hey guys, hopefully I'm not breaking any rules by doing this or posting in the right place, but my 81 LTD is now officially on Bring a Trailer, the link is below. Let me know if you have any questions and sorry ahead of time if this isn't allowed.

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/19...rown-victoria/
    Parts Car (Scrapped ) - Vicky - 1987 LTD Crown Victoria: 17x8 Gunmetal Gray Coys C-5 wheels, 235/55-17 Falken Ziex ZE-502 tires. 79 LTD Grille, Taillights, and Turn Signals, Blue LED Dash Lights, PI Rear Sway Bar, 140 MPH Speedometer, Dual Exhaust w/ Mustang Headers.
    New Project: Vicky II - 1981 Ford LTD: 61,XXX miles, virtually rust free. Currently For Sale

Good luck man, hope it brings good money for you. Have a chuckle at all the BaT guys comments.

Chris

Comment

Will have to check back on this one.

+1 lol at comments.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
      rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
      Originally posted by gadget73
      ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
      Originally posted by dmccaig
      Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Originally posted by cbala View Post
        Good luck man, hope it brings good money for you. Have a chuckle at all the BaT guys comments.

Chris
        Originally posted by sly View Post
        Will have to check back on this one.

+1 lol at comments.
        LoL yeah, like this one? "..To improve performance, I immediately disconnected the air conditioning.."

Uhm, that only affects performance when you use it.
        1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
        1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

Yeah I'm trying to be as charismatic as possible in the comments. Lowkey now that it's actually happening it's super stressful
          Parts Car (Scrapped ) - Vicky - 1987 LTD Crown Victoria: 17x8 Gunmetal Gray Coys C-5 wheels, 235/55-17 Falken Ziex ZE-502 tires. 79 LTD Grille, Taillights, and Turn Signals, Blue LED Dash Lights, PI Rear Sway Bar, 140 MPH Speedometer, Dual Exhaust w/ Mustang Headers.
          New Project: Vicky II - 1981 Ford LTD: 61,XXX miles, virtually rust free. Currently For Sale

Comment

Wow, that thing looks fabulous!

Were the undersides of these cars black from the factory? I'd normally think of them as being in grey primer (maybe with body paint overspray?), but yours looks so uniformly black and clean it had me wondering. On the off chance someone ever makes a model kit of a box Panther, I'd like to know for historical accuracy .
            1991 MGM GS - stock summer cruiser, with lovely A/C
            1977 Cougar XR7 - stock summer cruiser, with no A/C
            2009 G8 GT - un-stock summer cruiser
            A couple of Elantra Tourings - I have a strange obsession with them!

Comment

Originally posted by Turbo301 View Post
              Wow, that thing looks fabulous!

Were the undersides of these cars black from the factory? I'd normally think of them as being in grey primer (maybe with body paint overspray?), but yours looks so uniformly black and clean it had me wondering. On the off chance someone ever makes a model kit of a box Panther, I'd like to know for historical accuracy .
              Not sure on the factory color. This one had the undercoating done and that was very black so that's what you see in the pictures. Also why it is still in such good shape

Comment

When I cleaned the oil and grime from the trans tunnel under the '86 CV, it had a grayish-olive green color; which I assumed was the factory finish.

Comment

Yes, grayish-black. As the frame and mechanical components like the rear are different shades. You can tell straight out if it was undercoated.

Chris

Comment

I don't think I ever posted an exhaust video on here, but there is now one on the listing. That's going to be the thing I miss the most about it, it sounds way too good for what it is.

Comment

Originally posted by hemihotrod402 View Post
                      it sounds way too good for what it is.
                      This describes my 93.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                      rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)

Comment

Just over 3 days left on the auction, friendly reminded that if anyone wants it ends at 5:11 EST, 4:11 Central, 2:11 Pacific on Thursday

Comment

Good luck. Still lots of time for things to happen.
                          ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                          My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                          My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                          But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Yeah. I doubt ant real movement until the last few hours. And with BaT's extended time after last bid rule, a bidding war may well extend the auction.

Comment

Originally posted by sly View Post
                              Yeah. I doubt ant real movement until the last few hours. And with BaT's extended time after last bid rule, a bidding war may well extend the auction.
                              Yeah that's what I'm expecting, I've been watching a few other auctions that went off today and the last minute bidding has been pretty intense. Just need two people who really want the car. Thursday can't get here soon enough.

Comment

Working...
                              X