Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd think the color underneath depends on the year. NOt sure when they switched to ecoat but those years and on, expect a dull gray as that was the color of that stuff. If it's black, it was undercoated with that nasty moisture trapping stuff which is only effective against humidity.
    1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
    1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

Welp everyone today is the day. A little over 8 hours left and I will be hanging out over on Bring a Trailer most of the day answering questions and providing bad comedic relief. Car is currently sitting at 1500, which hopefully has priced it out of the derby crowd (which I was honestly more concerned about than selling price).
      Parts Car (Scrapped ) - Vicky - 1987 LTD Crown Victoria: 17x8 Gunmetal Gray Coys C-5 wheels, 235/55-17 Falken Ziex ZE-502 tires. 79 LTD Grille, Taillights, and Turn Signals, Blue LED Dash Lights, PI Rear Sway Bar, 140 MPH Speedometer, Dual Exhaust w/ Mustang Headers.
      New Project: Vicky II - 1981 Ford LTD: 61,XXX miles, virtually rust free. Currently For Sale

Comment

Well I think I valued that correctly, just talked to the buyer and the car is going to Phoenix. Overall I'm happy. Keep an eye out I've got NOS parts to sort through that I'll probably throw on here
        Parts Car (Scrapped ) - Vicky - 1987 LTD Crown Victoria: 17x8 Gunmetal Gray Coys C-5 wheels, 235/55-17 Falken Ziex ZE-502 tires. 79 LTD Grille, Taillights, and Turn Signals, Blue LED Dash Lights, PI Rear Sway Bar, 140 MPH Speedometer, Dual Exhaust w/ Mustang Headers.
        New Project: Vicky II - 1981 Ford LTD: 61,XXX miles, virtually rust free. Currently For Sale

Comment

Originally posted by hemihotrod402 View Post
          Well I think I valued that correctly, just talked to the buyer and the car is going to Phoenix. Overall I'm happy. Keep an eye out I've got NOS parts to sort through that I'll probably throw on here
          I was worried for a bit it would not get that high...I was pulling for more for you!

Definitely interested in hearing what NOS parts you may have.
          ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
          My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
          My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
          But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
          my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

I was worried for a bit too. Fair deal for all.

The market is small for these and it's tough to find a local buyer.
            1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
            1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
            Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
            Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

Trust me I was sweating. I'm pretty happy with the price, that's what I posted it on here for before putting it on BaT. With the buyers fees all in it was 3250. There was an 85 that sold on there last september that was in worse shape and had 30k more miles that went for 3500 and that my ultimate goal. When I was researching what little market there is it seems like the older models go for considerably less than newer ones, which seems counter intuitive to me but whatever. I still made money on it and the buyer sounds super excited, he's actually going to try and road trip it from Ohio to Phoenix (yes, Arizona)

I will say the experience on BaT was awesome. Once I was assigned an auction manager they responded to me within an hour, even on the weekend. Definitely worth the $100 listing fee and the $40 carfax. The community is a lot of fun too. The comment sections on the auctions are treated kind of like message boards or reddit.

Also who knows, if I come across a rust free coupe I may get back in the Panther Game Just not now though, being an adult can be a pain sometimes. It's definitely way different than when 17 year old me was chasing PotM on here. lol
              Last edited by hemihotrod402; 09-10-2020, 09:14 PM. Reason: I can't type for shit apparently

Comment

Man, I wish we got cars like yours up here in Canada for that kind of money! One's lucky to find a super-clean box Panther at all, let alone for under $5k!
                1991 MGM GS - stock summer cruiser, with lovely A/C
                1977 Cougar XR7 - stock summer cruiser, with no A/C
                2009 G8 GT - un-stock summer cruiser
                A couple of Elantra Tourings - I have a strange obsession with them!

Comment

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                  rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                  ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                  Originally posted by dmccaig
                  Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Originally posted by hemihotrod402 View Post
                    Glad you got the money you were looking for...

Chris

Comment

The car is up for sale again...flippers bought it...

http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...l=1#post849728
                      ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                      My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                      My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                      But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Working...
                      X