Driving with SPOUT unplugged

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Driving with SPOUT unplugged

Well, I made a boneheaded move. After I got done troubleshooting my EGR issues earlier I decided to do a tune up as I had a new cap, rotor and wires laying around. When I got done I decided to check my base timing so I had the spout disconnected. Well, I forgot to plug it in and drove for a about 10-15 miles. I did about 4-5 full throttle runs during this time. I’m thinking to myself why the hell is this car lacking power after a tuneup when it dawned on me I never plugged the spout back in.

I know with the spout disconnected I’m running at my base timing of 10 degrees. I also know retarted timing under load can cause really high EGTs. What are the odds I harmed my engine with my mistake? Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

very much doubt you did any damage.
    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
      very much doubt you did any damage.
      Cool thanks. I need to be more careful next time and not get rushed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
      X