X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

91 Country Squire mod for towing

Saw this link on another forum:

https://cedarrapids.craigslist.org/c...185320003.html

not too fond of the custom cowl hood but like the 5.8 & 4R70W.

88 Country Squire
    86 Colony Park, non-op'd
    89 Mark VII LSC, non-op'd

Pretty impressive.

No like for the cowl hood either. Mad bonus points for anyone that buys it, fixes the intake proper, and runs a regular hood. I know the 351 puts it close with EFI but didn’t John make his 86 coupe work?
    1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
    1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
    Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
    Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

Cowl scoop looks okay from a styling perspective but I definitely prefer the stock hood. I will never own a car with a hood scoop of any kind. Fuck that vision obstruction noise right up its ass. If your plenum is too tall get a custom one made with the correct runner length and/or use custom motor mounts. I wonder what they did for Overdrive lockout. Because starting on '91 for the Town Car and '92 for Crown Victoria & Grand Marquis, they added a button at the end of the column shift handle. Those later AOD derived transmissions have the 4-3-2-1 shift pattern not the 4-3-1 like boxes. Only options are add a detente, switch to a later column shift assembly, or add an OD on/off toggle switch.

Tailgate dent doesn't look bad; I've seen far deeper dents pulled and then sanded out. Would probably need to replace the woodgrain though. Rot on driver side toeboards makes me think cowl leak or A pillar leak. Remember we have seen how the wagons have kind of terrible seams where the roof joins to the pillars as early as model year '85. I can't imagine '91s faring much better in that area. Really nice otherwise though- I don't think he'll get asking price but I don't see it selling for less than 5 grand.
      '89 Grand Marquis "Ebyt", '85 Grand Marquis "Eva", '94 Caprice "Kira"
      '84 Town Car "Stacy", '79 New Yorker “Anita", '93 Town Car "Kelly"
      '80 Mark VI "Allie", '94 Grand Marquis coming June, '79 LTD-S "Oksana"

Comment

Ad says 2WD explorer 4r70w, with baumann[sic] controller. That interior looks the same as my 93 MGM, so maybe they swapped over the shifter handle?
        That is only like a 2” cowl hood, so that part doesn’t bother me, but the visible fasteners make it look kinda lame imho.
        Car has a ton of mods, I bet it works great. Huge aluminum radiator and trans cooler with electric fans, plus I like the radiator scoop underneath.

Comment

No on the hood.
          Bet one of those switches on the dash is the OD lockout. Prob works with the light there.
          WTF on the engine accessories. Pickup truck? Bet those AC lines are a mess. I get it though, 351 Panther AC brackets aren't exactly growing on trees, and the stock accessory design is a bit shit anyway. A proper spring tensioner for the belt would be a plus IMO.
          86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
          5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
          I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Neato. Underhood is a mess.
            ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
            My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
            My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
            But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
            my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Originally posted by massacre View Post
              That interior looks the same as my 93 MGM, so maybe they swapped over the shifter handle?
              Looks the same as my '91 Squire, down to the 140mph speedometer (installed while pantera77 owned the car).
              '91 LTD Country Squire LX | '82 Cougar GS wagon |'03 Marauder | ' 18 Flex Limited EB
              formerly: '02 MGM, '04 MGM, '04 MGM v2.0, '04 MM, '07 P71 w/5-speed, '03 SAP P71, '04 CVLX (now in pantera77's stable), '10 P7B

Comment

interiors were pretty much the same from 90-94ish. Dash looks like what I'd expect for a 91, but nothing says you can't swap the shift lever from a 93 in to get the OD off button. Same column so the shifter should fit without any fuss.
                86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Working...
                X