PotM GrandMarq.NET - Panther Headquarters Forum Index PotM
GMN Chat Room GMN's STORE!! GMN's Gallery Please!!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Looking for random parts

Default Looking for random parts

I need a few things for my 87 Grand Marquis

Instrument cluster bezel
    Radio bezel
    Radio (either 4 or 6 button)
    Back seat

Also if anyone has these engine parts

Engine harness (salt and pepper shakers)
    O2 sensor harness
    Lower intake manifold vacuum tee

My car is frankenstreiníd together from some oem parts and fox Mustang parts. It bothers me to be honest but itís getting there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Donating Member

If any of the interior parts from an aero will fit, I have all of that. Just pay shipping

Not sure but I doubt the dash components are the same. Radio too, unless you have pics you could post.

The seat Iíd like to get from a box. I have a rear seat from an 88 or 89 town car and while the color is similar itís not quite right and the seat bottom doesnít sit in place like it should which points to it being different than an ltd or mgm. Plus Iíd like to get them so itíll have the correct pattern even if itís the wrong color.

Donating Member

I will post some pics. I know the late boxes had similar dash to mine. Horizontal gauges etc
    I hear you on the seats.
    Last edited by massacre; 09-13-2020 at 08:15 PM.

Sounds good man. Sale pending on the wiring harnesses.

I've got the radio & instrument cluster bezels, a 6 button radio & back seat although it will probably cost too much to ship the seat. Not ready to take the engine out yet so harnesses are a no go. Which vacuum tee you looking for have a box of fittings here or could remove it from parts car don't need that to run well will only be driving in the garage when I'm ready to take the engine out.

Radios will work no issue up to 95 IIRC. Whatever year it was still single din. BUT!!! The aeros use the side clips instead of bolts and will require an aftermarket radio mount kit. I used the original radio from my 93 in the 88 I had for a while during the time the Kenwood I had was in for warranty repair.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
    rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
    Quote Originally Posted by gadget73
    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by dmccaig
    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Yeah Iím sure the seat would be expensive though Iíve heard greyhound ships large items for cheap. I have a source for the engine harness but I could use the dash bezel and radio bezel. The vacuum tee Iím looking for is the one that is attached to the bottom of the upper intake with one large and two small ports.

Iíve heard that about the radios but I like the radio with knobs instead of the stupid volume button. And it looks more natural imo.

Just so you know, the dash woodgrain is different from 87 to newer. WagonMan
    1990 Colony Park
    1970 HEMI Superbird

Quote Originally Posted by 87GrandMarq View Post
    I’ve heard that about the radios but I like the radio with knobs instead of the stupid volume button. And it looks more natural imo.
    Totally understand that.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
    rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
    Quote Originally Posted by gadget73
    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by dmccaig
    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

fomoco panthers !

Agree with Wagonman. If you replace one piece, replace the whole set. The color difference is noticeable. However anything is better than what you have now.

I can actually reuse my original bezel but Iíd need a new lens if someone has one theyíd like to part with. I have 2 but I canít bring myself to attempt to seperate the lens from the bezel. Knowing me Iíd screw it up lol.

fomoco panthers !

Can you see the part number ? It will be located on the clear edge that you can't see unless you take the panel off.
    Yes, you can break the lens pretty easy as they are glued in. You might be able to get a dremel tool with a round saw blade in there to cut it out.

Iíll see if I can find it tomorrow. Itís sitting in the trunk right now. I have one from an early 80s mgm in it right now but yeah itís not a perfect match and there was a peg in a different spot which I had to cut off to install it. I didnít like doing it but the stock one has half a lens...

I thought the 4 button and 6 button radios were not interchangeable on wiring?

Itís possible. My car is a gs trim so itís possible the 4 button is what came with the car from the factory. Maybe a Marty report would answer that. In any case, it seems to be fully functional minus the display.

I have had both four and six buttons in my 88. They were fine. Not sure what came in it.

Is this the manifold fitting you're looking for?Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200921_234926.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	39.5 KB 
ID:	54892

If itís a panther specific one then yeah. Iím running a Mustang one and it works fine itís just my ocd with this car that makes me want one lol.

Quote Originally Posted by 87GrandMarq View Post
    If it’s a panther specific one then yeah. I’m running a Mustang one and it works fine it’s just my ocd with this car that makes me want one lol.

Not sure what it is off of was cleaning up my workbench & found it.It's been a while since I took a panther apart fitting is different from Mustang? Have 2 boxes here can take it off one of those if you need.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast