Clear All

Looking for random parts

I need a few things for my 87 Grand Marquis

Instrument cluster bezel
    Radio bezel
    Radio (either 4 or 6 button)
    Back seat

Also if anyone has these engine parts

Engine harness (salt and pepper shakers)
    O2 sensor harness
    Lower intake manifold vacuum tee

My car is frankenstrein’d together from some oem parts and fox Mustang parts. It bothers me to be honest but it’s getting there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If any of the interior parts from an aero will fit, I have all of that. Just pay shipping

Comment

Not sure but I doubt the dash components are the same. Radio too, unless you have pics you could post.

The seat I’d like to get from a box. I have a rear seat from an 88 or 89 town car and while the color is similar it’s not quite right and the seat bottom doesn’t sit in place like it should which points to it being different than an ltd or mgm. Plus I’d like to get them so it’ll have the correct pattern even if it’s the wrong color.

Comment

I will post some pics. I know the late boxes had similar dash to mine. Horizontal gauges etc
        I hear you on the seats.
        Last edited by massacre; 09-13-2020, 08:15 PM.

Comment

Sounds good man. Sale pending on the wiring harnesses.

Comment

I've got the radio & instrument cluster bezels, a 6 button radio & back seat although it will probably cost too much to ship the seat. Not ready to take the engine out yet so harnesses are a no go. Which vacuum tee you looking for have a box of fittings here or could remove it from parts car don't need that to run well will only be driving in the garage when I'm ready to take the engine out.

Comment

Radios will work no issue up to 95 IIRC. Whatever year it was still single din. BUT!!! The aeros use the side clips instead of bolts and will require an aftermarket radio mount kit. I used the original radio from my 93 in the 88 I had for a while during the time the Kenwood I had was in for warranty repair.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
              rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
              Originally posted by gadget73
              ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
              Originally posted by dmccaig
              Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Yeah I’m sure the seat would be expensive though I’ve heard greyhound ships large items for cheap. I have a source for the engine harness but I could use the dash bezel and radio bezel. The vacuum tee I’m looking for is the one that is attached to the bottom of the upper intake with one large and two small ports.

I’ve heard that about the radios but I like the radio with knobs instead of the stupid volume button. And it looks more natural imo.

Comment

Just so you know, the dash woodgrain is different from 87 to newer. WagonMan
                  89 Colony Park
                  90 Colony Park
                  70 HEMI Daytona Convertible

Comment

Originally posted by 87GrandMarq View Post
                    I’ve heard that about the radios but I like the radio with knobs instead of the stupid volume button. And it looks more natural imo.
                    Totally understand that.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                    rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                    Originally posted by gadget73
                    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                    Originally posted by dmccaig
                    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Agree with Wagonman. If you replace one piece, replace the whole set. The color difference is noticeable. However anything is better than what you have now.

Comment

I can actually reuse my original bezel but I’d need a new lens if someone has one they’d like to part with. I have 2 but I can’t bring myself to attempt to seperate the lens from the bezel. Knowing me I’d screw it up lol.

Comment

Can you see the part number ? It will be located on the clear edge that you can't see unless you take the panel off.
                          Yes, you can break the lens pretty easy as they are glued in. You might be able to get a dremel tool with a round saw blade in there to cut it out.

Comment

I’ll see if I can find it tomorrow. It’s sitting in the trunk right now. I have one from an early 80s mgm in it right now but yeah it’s not a perfect match and there was a peg in a different spot which I had to cut off to install it. I didn’t like doing it but the stock one has half a lens...

Comment

I thought the 4 button and 6 button radios were not interchangeable on wiring?
                              1986 Country Squire
                              1969 Mercury Cougar
                              1960 Land Rover Series II 88"

Comment

Working...
                              X