PotM GrandMarq.NET - Panther Headquarters Forum Index PotM
GMN Chat Room GMN's STORE!! GMN's Gallery Please!!

Thread: Underhood Weatherstrip

Member of the Orb Alliance packman's Avatar

Question Underhood Weatherstrip

That length of weather strip under the back of the hood; is that the same as the trunk weatherstrip? Mine is deformed with age and I am giving some thought to replacing it.

If it's not the same, it's close enough.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
    rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
    Quote Originally Posted by gadget73
    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by dmccaig
    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

I used one from a newer crown victoria and it works for me. The trunk weatherstripping may be a bit shorter but still do the job.
    ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
    My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Quote Originally Posted by DerekTheGreat View Post
    But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Cool. Thanks SLY and Dave. Right after I read the post above, I went to look at my MGM and it seems to be hiding behind the only car left in the parking lot. It's not like I considered swapping its hood seal out; I was just looking, that's all ;-)

I'm an air-conditioned gypsy gadget73's Avatar

do Vics have a seal at the front edge of the hood attached to the rear edge of the header panel like Lincolns do? Or at least evidence that it once had one? I'd never seen an intact one until I found some low mileage Towncar in the yard that I was harvesting parts from. I have it on my car now.

86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC SE, triple black (Timewarp) - poly front bushings, KYB struts and shocks, Holley SystemMax1 lower intake, SilverFox AOD valve body,

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Quote Originally Posted by phayzer5 View Post
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Quote Originally Posted by gadget73 View Post
    do Vics have a seal at the front edge of the hood attached to the rear edge of the header panel like Lincolns do? Or at least evidence that it once had one? I'd never seen an intact one until I found some low mileage Towncar in the yard that I was harvesting parts from. I have it on my car now.
    Super early Crown Victorias did. At least 1979...no idea about 80 and 81 etc. My 87 does not have it. It has been on my junkyard list for the longest time to try and find one.
    ~David~

may have vanished from Lincolns at some point too. I think mine came from an 82.

5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC SE, triple black (Timewarp) - poly front bushings, KYB struts and shocks, Holley SystemMax1 lower intake, SilverFox AOD valve body,

I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

The 88 MGM I had did not. The 93 and 2000 do not either.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
    rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
    Quote Originally Posted by gadget73
    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by dmccaig
    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

My '86 has it; it's mushed a bit, but it's there. I'll get a pic next time I'm out there.

Quote Originally Posted by packman View Post
    My '86 has it; it's mushed a bit, but it's there. I'll get a pic next time I'm out there.
    on the underside of the top edge of the header panel where the hood would overlap it?
    ~David~

I just re-read Gadget's post; no I don't have that on my car; nor is there any evidence that it existed. I imagine that it would attach with those plastic pins (like the ones used for interior door panels); or the weatherstrip had a 90* flange?

it actually looks a lot like the dew wipes. The mounting is a vertical metal bit and the rubber angles backward.