EEC-IV speed limiter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
    Its a bunch of expensive parts waiting to blow. lol I really wish I put in 3.55 or 3.73 gears. The car rips up top but gets to the engines limit to fast.
    The top end is ready to roll. I get worried about the block, rod bolts, and main caps walking after 6000. And that’s why I drive like grandpa, call 4000 the redline, and stay in the slow lane! All my junk is stock so nothings happening past that anyway. Your car pulls good in the videos. It’d be hard to lift with it still pulling.
    1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
    1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
    Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
    Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

I got my bone stock lopo box to about 170 kmh GPS indicated (85mph speedo maxed out long ago lol).
      It was fucking terrifying, felt like a hovercraft. Could've maybe pushed it further, dunno. I'm pretty sure my axle tag says 3.08
      1985 Mercury Grand Marquis LS, "Maisa"
      1995 Chevrolet Caprice Classic STW, "Sally"

Comment

Originally posted by Tiggie View Post
        The top end is ready to roll. I get worried about the block, rod bolts, and main caps walking after 6000. And that’s why I drive like grandpa, call 4000 the redline, and stay in the slow lane! All my junk is stock so nothings happening past that anyway. Your car pulls good in the videos. It’d be hard to lift with it still pulling.
        Woops. I made an error. I wish I put in 3.55 or 3.27 instead of the 3.73 my dad and I installed back in 2013.
        ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
        My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
        My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
        But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
        my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Originally posted by sly View Post
          My 93 will theoretically do 140 at the top of 3rd
          "..It'll do a hundred and fort-aye in the top end floored.." "..You don't know what I got.."
          1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
          1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat View Post
            "..It'll do a hundred and fort-aye in the top end floored.." "..You don't know what I got.."

My 93 protests much at that RPM though as it's starting to choke off from exhaust restriction.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
            rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
            Originally posted by gadget73
            ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
            Originally posted by dmccaig
            Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Working...
            X