Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Power steering pump bracket

Good Morning all!

I was changing my water pump and was removing all the stuff that mounts on the water pump. Long story short, I was loosening the nuts for the power steering pump bracket and ....um..yeah the ear/ lobe on the power steering pump bracket snapped. What happened is the stud to the water pump came out with the nut, this bending the bracket.

Yes I know, I was an idiot for not taking a 9/16 wrench to keep the stud still!

I cannot find the bracket on rockauto. Anybody know where i can get this part?
    "To Find yourself, you must first lose yourself"

-1973 Volkswagen Bus Westy
    -1986 Honda Magna 700cc
    -1989 Lincoln Town car Signature Series
    -2011 Subaru Outback

Salvage yard or NOS are probably the only two options. Contact “michaelz192” on eBay. He runs a junkyard in North Las Vegas and usually has several box panthers of varying years in his inventory. I’ve bought several hard to find parts from him before.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

impressive. Id contact wagonman on here. He may have what you need.
      ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
      My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
      My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
      But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
      my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

I have several. I sell them with or without the P.S. pump. You have to take the pulley off to change the bracket. Some people don't have the tools and know how to R & R the pulley. WagonMan.
        89 Colony Park
        90 Colony Park
        70 HEMI Daytona Convertible

Comment

Originally posted by WagonMan View Post
          I have several. I sell them with or without the P.S. pump. You have to take the pulley off to change the bracket. Some people don't have the tools and know how to R & R the pulley. WagonMan.
          And it can be a pita if one does not clear the pumps shaft from debris.
          ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
          My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
          My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
          But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
          my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
            impressive. Id contact wagonman on here. He may have what you need.
            He’s got some neat stuff. I can’t get over how clean all the cars he has are. He was parting out a 1973 T bird awhile back. That was a tough one to see because the body was spotless (from what I could see in the pictures) and I’ve always wanted one. It was probably junked due to a blown motor...would have made a great project.

Comment

Originally posted by matth825 View Post
              He’s got some neat stuff. I can’t get over how clean all the cars he has are. He was parting out a 1973 T bird awhile back. That was a tough one to see because the body was spotless (from what I could see in the pictures) and I’ve always wanted one. It was probably junked due to a blown motor...would have made a great project.

Who are you talking about? WagonMan
              89 Colony Park
              90 Colony Park
              70 HEMI Daytona Convertible

Comment

Originally posted by WagonMan View Post
                Who are you talking about? WagonMan
                Sorry, was talking about the ebay seller I mentioned in my first post. Don’t know why I quoted 87 Vic...can’t work my phone today.

Comment

Working...
                X