2001 crown vic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2001 crown vic

My most recent purchase, 2001 cv, old dot car, 93,000 miles.Click image for larger version

Name:	20200927_095020.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	154.9 KB
ID:	1305354 has an issue with a long crank after about 2 hours (shorted time I tried) where it won't start on first crank, the day before it got ran low on gas(not by me) and the first 2 starts that day didn't do the long crank, it does seem down on power( tho I wasn't get to into it) is there a way to test the regulator?

Think I found some doors on a 2000 mgm tho the junk yard said they wouldn't fit, anyone know whats different on them or waht years are interchangeable? Thanks

Comment

The check valve in the fuel pump maybe picked up some crud, causing the long crank times. I think I’d just drive it if you can get it start eventually, maybe some fuel system cleaner and Hope it clears out. Change the fuel filter after that tank is gone.

On the doors, the Merc doors should bolt on. The trim is different. The mercs usually got a giant hunk of plastic trim. I think the doors are the same minus any holes for mounting the trim. A body shop can make them work.
      1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
      1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
      Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
      Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

Search car-part.com for the doors. I'd bet you can find a set without having to deal with the extra holes from the Merc doors. Might even be able to find the same color if you're lucky.
        These are highly engineered precision vehicles, the first step in diagnosing the problem is to strike the suspected offending part sharply and repeatedly with a blunt object, then re-test.

Comment

ever checked the fuel filter? Might have sucked up some trash and plugged the filter.
          86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
          5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
          I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by FordMan77 View Post
            Search car-part.com for the doors. I'd bet you can find a set without having to deal with the extra holes from the Merc doors. Might even be able to find the same color if you're lucky.
            Thats the first place I looked lol, closest the same color was 400 miles, the yard i was looking at was about 50 with the same color door, but a mgm

Comment

I do have a filter, I'm going to put on soon, but its weird the cold start this morning was quick, but when I started it about 12:30 I had to cycle the key

Comment

Originally posted by FordMan77 View Post
                Mine has the front moldings, and the mgm doesn't seem to have any extra chrome or anything
                Attached Files

Comment

Something interesting, on carpart I put in 2000 instead of 2001 and got thisClick image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20201011-222633_Chrome.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	39.5 KB
ID:	1288109 the 06/01/00 get the same results as the 2001 search, the 5/31/00 gets different ones

Comment

Unicorn located
                    Attached Files

Comment

The long crank problem self healed ��, a new question though, I just got done installing 3.55s in the vic and the speedo is off by about 20 mph, and didn't know if anyone had any idea what speedo gear I need, thanks, ps the car had 2.73s

Comment

https://lmr.com/products/Mustang-Spe...ear-Calculator

Comment

With the later cars I'm pretty sure you fix it with a tuner, not the speedo gear. It uses engine rpm and the VSS to determine shift points and if the PCM doesn't know what gears are in there it gets stupid about things.
                          86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                          5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                          I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

2001 uses a VSS gear; no tuner required.

My Cars:
                            -1964 Comet 202 (116K Miles) - Long Term Project
                            -1986 Dodge D-150 Royale SE (112K Miles) - Slowly Getting Put Back Together
                            -1987 Grand Marquis Colony Park LS (325K Miles) - April 2017 + September 2019 POTM Winner
                            -1997 Grand Marquis LS (240K Miles) - The Daily Workhorse & March 2015 + January 2019 POTM Winner

Comment

Didn’t Ford stop using the vss in the 4r in 01? Even so, I’d recommend a tuner instead of a gear swap so it can correct for the new gears and fix the shift points.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X