No announcement yet.

2001 crown vic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What do you guys think, I'm not a fan of the column or dash mounted ones.Click image for larger version

Name:	20201114_100802.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	118.4 KB
ID:	1288241

Comment

I’d swap to a 99-04 mustang cluster personally. I think it looks better but that’s me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I've seen the left center vent used for many things. Looks fine to me. I have a backup camera screen in mine.
        Attached Files

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
        rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
        Originally posted by gadget73
        ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
        Originally posted by dmccaig
        Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Originally posted by 82EmilioPucci View Post
          What do you guys think, I'm not a fan of the column or dash mounted ones.[ATTACH=CONFIG]55178[/ATTACH]
          Works for me. Cat is still skeptical about it.

Originally posted by 87GrandMarq View Post
          I’d swap to a 99-04 mustang cluster personally. I think it looks better but that’s me.

This is a thing? Anyone do this before. I am intrigued. I dont have the model years in questions but curious nonetheless.
          ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
          My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
          My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
          But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Originally posted by sly View Post
            I've seen the left center vent used for many things. Looks fine to me. I have a backup camera screen in mine.
            Thats sweet my dude

Comment

I didn't know that was an option! because my car never came with a tach and I had to buy a tach adapter

Comment

https://www.crownvic.net/ubbthreads/...Number=1330179

It was actually a 94-98 cluster. But yeah it’ll need to be repinned to work. Looks good though.

Comment

There's no tach output from the PCM from 99-2004, so tach adapter would still be needed to make that cluster work.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                  rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)

Comment

He already has one it seems so that won’t be an issue. This will be a cool mod, if you do it post lots of pics.

Comment

https://www.crownvic.net/ubbthreads/...Number=1330179

It was actually a 94-98 cluster. But yeah it’ll need to be repinned to work. Looks good though.

Cool. Appreciate the link. Looks nice with the finished bezel
                      ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                      My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                      My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                      But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

https://www.ebay.com/itm/96-14-UNMAR....c100889.m5204
                        Will this tuner work to reprogram the pcm to know the car has new gears, like can I just go in and change it, I'm knew to not stock sort of thing. And you guys were 100% right the gear helped, the speedo is off by about 5mph at 60 and it shifts a little early still.
                        Last edited by 82EmilioPucci; 11-18-2020, 11:57 PM.

Comment

Yes. Keep the original speedo gear on hand in case setting the gear change makes the speedo read slow. I forget what year the PCM started feeding the speedo instead of the speedo reading the VSS directly.

Comment

Thanks, just ordered it, that one end so I had to order a none Bama performance one, they look the same, thanks again!

Comment

As long as it's the same SCT model number and unlocks are available, it should work. Might even get a little power bump from it as it may have a canned tune that's a little more aggressive than stock.

Comment

The tuner was worth it, shift harder and the shifts are later, I did the strategy tune after the custom, does it increase the red line?, before the tuner i saw 5 at most and after I saw 5500 and let off, I didn't change it, all I did was rar and speed limiter. I guess my question is stock will they handle that?

Comment

Working...
                                X