No announcement yet.

2001 crown vic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It raises the limit a little. I think to 5800 or 6K. The shift points are the real limiting factor. It'll only ever hit redline if you manually shift it. It has a ignition cut limiter, so you WILL notice it if it hits it. Mine is at 6200 IIRC but the shift points limit it to 5800. I need to reduce it a little since my old exhaust is limiting things and it starts to wheeze above 5000. But I just let up on the gas to let it shift and then get back into it. There's really not a whole lot of difference between 2/3 throttle and full throttle. The real "feel the change" is between 1/4 throttle and half throttle. Stock vehicles should handle 6psi boost with no issue. So yeah... no worries on a basic naturally aspirated tune.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
    rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
    Originally posted by gadget73
    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
    Originally posted by dmccaig
    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Sweet, ya your right the bottom bit of the petal it feels the same, just love bottoming that baby out!
      Last edited by 82EmilioPucci; 11-26-2020, 10:47 PM.

Comment

Since this being a 01 its already a pi motor, whats next lol, do the throttle body spacers and big throttle bodys have any gains? Also about 85-90 the car drives like a sail boat, just floats left and right, would a bigger front sway bar help? The rear has no sway bar,

Comment

get a rear sway bar first. change one thing at a time and then test. Then there's no question if something made it worse. Also, make sure the alignment is good, suspension bushings/joints/steering bits are good, and the tires are decent. Sloppy suspension/steering joints will cause no end of suffering. They should be stable at 100mph. If the ass is sagging, that will be an issue. The rear of the car should be about half an inch to an inch higher than the front. If the rear is lower than the front, it will catch more air and float the car at high speed. My 93 has never floated at speed and I've had it up to 100mph for extended runs here in Texas out in the boonies on the interstates. No issues with the nose floating. I did one run with the wife and kid and my cargo carrier (truck box mounted on it) on the hitch with a good load (I do have load helpers too and that made the car maintain level) and had no issues keeping it straight. I was following a late model charger that was cruising. I kept my distance (about 500-1000 feet) for about an hour before he turned up the wick and left me behind. Caught back up when we got to the big city and hit traffic. They obviously didn't turn the wick up too far. But yeah... about 2 hours between 90 and 100 with zero issues.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
          rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)

Comment

Could be shocks and struts.

Throttle body spacers do nothing, throttle bodies do though. I had a 75mm on my 02 gt and it made a difference but it might be overkill for our cars.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by sly View Post
              get a rear sway bar first. change one thing at a time and then test. Then there's no question if something made it worse. Also, make sure the alignment is good, suspension bushings/joints/steering bits are good, and the tires are decent. Sloppy suspension/steering joints will cause no end of suffering. They should be stable at 100mph. If the ass is sagging, that will be an issue. The rear of the car should be about half an inch to an inch higher than the front. If the rear is lower than the front, it will catch more air and float the car at high speed. My 93 has never floated at speed and I've had it up to 100mph for extended runs here in Texas out in the boonies on the interstates. No issues with the nose floating. I did one run with the wife and kid and my cargo carrier (truck box mounted on it) on the hitch with a good load (I do have load helpers too and that made the car maintain level) and had no issues keeping it straight. I was following a late model charger that was cruising. I kept my distance (about 500-1000 feet) for about an hour before he turned up the wick and left me behind. Caught back up when we got to the big city and hit traffic. They obviously didn't turn the wick up too far. But yeah... about 2 hours between 90 and 100 with zero issues.
              The front-end is tight, I do have ball joints because the drivers sides got the squeaks, ill try a rear sway bar first and maybe so new shocks

Comment

Originally posted by 87GrandMarq View Post
                Could be shocks and struts.

Throttle body spacers do nothing, throttle bodies do though. I had a 75mm on my 02 gt and it made a difference but it might be overkill for our cars.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                Ya I'm thinks shocks all the way around

Comment

Now that I found out about it, any one got any ideas where I can find a gcc grille?

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	20201219_183039.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	91.1 KB
ID:	1288425 dupli color medium blue, I think it will match the cloth blue interior well

Comment

I have used that color before, It shows real nice and is a very close match. Good job.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	20210119_155340.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	101.6 KB
ID:	1288560 mmm magnaflow 11224s, is this how you guys did it or use universal hardware?
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by 82EmilioPucci; 01-19-2021, 10:54 PM.

Comment

I paid a shop to weld mine on. Need to get the tails opened up for better flow and headers. Everything else in the middle is free flowing already. I did use magnaflows though. I like that sound.

Comment

Mmm yes headers, I'd like to grab some, but the cheapest ones run like 1200$, hard to stomach on a $400 car

Comment

Mustang shorties work with a little modification to the down pipes.

Comment

Would a mustang upper plenum do much at all?

Comment

Working...
                                X