No announcement yet.

2001 crown vic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Check your fuel pressure at idle and under load, the pump may be getting weak.

Also you could have low brake fluid, a sticking caliper or a dirty/broken abs ring. Check the fluid level first. Does it pull when off the brakes? Does it pull when you hit the brakes?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by 87GrandMarq View Post
      Check your fuel pressure at idle and under load, the pump may be getting weak.

Also you could have low brake fluid, a sticking caliper or a dirty/broken abs ring. Check the fluid level first. Does it pull when off the brakes? Does it pull when you hit the brakes?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Ya, it does occasionally drop fuel pressure, causing a long crank, does it maybe once a week, only on start up, seems fine but never checked it after all the mods, have a pump, but havent do it yet lol, the fluid is good, the traction control button still works, so I think the sensors are fine, does have a new one, the car brakes straight, maybe a little right, but drive straight with no pulls, but I have no communication with it occasionally and no codes when I do, I think

Comment

This is a little off topic but, I'm going to look at a 'parts car' this weekend and it's a 98 mgm Texas car, but has an overheating issue, it looks like it has a new
        water pump, and I looked at the service history and it has a new radiator, New upper hose and the upgraded intake with the metal insert, wondering if anybody has any ideas

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	PXL_20210322_181132672.MP.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	143.0 KB
ID:	1288774

Comment

Water in the oil? Do a coolant pressure test. Do a combustion leak test. When did the owner have this problem? Before or after the new intake installation ?

Comment

Good suggestions from Tom in order to track down major problem(s).

How does the coolant look? I wonder if it was properly flushed when the new radiator was installed.
              Also, make sure the condenser isn't clogged with dandelion seeds, dirt, and debris. No or restricted air flow isn't going to help cooling.
              If the thermostat wasn't replaced it may be a good idea to just throw one at it since they are cheap and easy on a '98.
              Last on my simple list, but probably would have been noticed, does the fan work?
              Vic

~ 1989 MGM LS Colony Park - Large Marge
              ~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
              ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"
              ~ 1991 MGM GS "The Ice Car"

Comment

I've got no idea lol, he said he couldn't track it down and so I assume he started throwing parts at it, I have records of the fan and fan motor being replaced, the coolant is bright green

Comment

It's got a blown head gasket, if you start it with that coolant cap off it bubbles out fast, the thing isn't running so hot right now either, what are the more expensive pieces on this thing that I should pull for my vic, its a 98 grand marquis

Comment

Pull the trunk carpet from the GM, if it's nice and clean. I pulled the trunk carpet (great condition without stains) from a whale GM for my '94 CV.
                    '79 Continental Town Car
                    '90 Crown Victoria LTD
                    '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

���� the truck has sitting water and smells, I guess I never looked in it

Comment

I've got the new doors and a bonus the mgm had a sway bar! ,Ill gets some pic tomorrow, Now I've got new questions, 1st are all eary pats keys the same? I drove a 02 thunderbird and I thought the key looked cooler than my aftermarket pats key, 2nd the sound system, can the can aftermarket speakers sound good on the stock radio, I'm not a huge fan of how aftermarket radios look or touch screens, thanks

Comment

I have aftermarket speakers in some cars. The key is to buy decent quality speakers. I am talking quality in construction and the ability to handle just a LITTLE more than what you need. Even a cheap basic factory radio can sound better with the right speakers.
                          I deal with Sonic Electonix online or Crutchfield.

Comment

Originally posted by Mainemantom View Post
                            I have aftermarket speakers in some cars. The key is to buy decent quality speakers. I am talking quality in construction and the ability to handle just a LITTLE more than what you need. Even a cheap basic factory radio can sound better with the right speakers.
                            I deal with Sonic Electonix online or Crutchfield.
                            Ok now I have more questions lol, would it be better to got with a 5x7 or a 6x8, because it recommends both, I've never done any of this kind of stuff lol

Comment

Also what coil packs are you guys running I've seen mixed reviews on accel, Grantelli, and msd, and some people just say buy motorcraft

Comment

Originally posted by 82EmilioPucci View Post
                                Ok now I have more questions lol, would it be better to got with a 5x7 or a 6x8, because it recommends both, I've never done any of this kind of stuff lol
                                What was in the spot from the factory ? The reason I say this is it is easier to install. Just screw into existing holes. Just have to make sure the depth of the new speakers do not get in the way of things like power window actuators. One thing I like about Crutchfield, If you buy from them, they include the installation kit/adapters free. You have to ask for it. They also have phone support to help with your selection, purchase and installation. Make sure you use really good wiring connectors.

Comment

Working...
                                X