2001 crown vic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 82EmilioPucci View Post
    Would a mustang upper plenum do much at all?
    Nope. Exactly the same part as of 2001 to the 98-04 mustang.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
    rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
    Originally posted by gadget73
    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
    Originally posted by dmccaig
    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Ok, next question to fall, lol, what intake is best intake, are the heads being a 2v to restrictive for any to help much?
      Last edited by 82EmilioPucci; 02-02-2021, 10:26 PM.

Comment

If no boost... stock 01+ intake is best because already there. Get the larger intake elbow and throttle body from ADTR.net along with maybe their zip tube and have a nice day.
        If boost... stock is good to something like 15 PSI? Maybe only 10? If doing totally built boost monster using a dart block and all kinds of forged goodies... all aluminum intake is the way.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
        rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)

Comment

New question, I've been doing the console swap for a while, its real cold here, and I've got the shift assembly in and the cable rerouted, but it is pretty tight up against the exhaust. It appears to be in the same spot as dRock96Marquis guide and he just says route carefully and not against the exhaust, I guess my question is will it be fine to rap it in heat shielding along with the manifold its touching

Comment

Heres pictures
            Attached Files

Comment

There is a bracket neat there i am going to bend and take one of the white clips to hold it off the exhaust, I will also be putting heat shielding there 2

Comment

that is too close for sure
                03 Marauder DPB, HS, 6disk, Organizer Mods> LED's in & Out, M&Z rear control arms, Oil deflector, U-Haul Trans Pan, Blue Fuzzy Dice
                02 SL500 Silver Arrow
                08 TC Signature Limited, HID's Mods>235/55-17 Z rated BFG G-Force Comp-2 A/S Plus, Addco 1" rear Sway, Posi Carrier, Compustar Remote Start, floor liners, trunk organizer, Two part Sun Visors, B&M Trans drain Plug, Winter=05 Mustang GT rims, Nokian Hakkapeliitta R-2 235/55-17
                12 Escape Limited V6 AWD, 225/65R17 Vredestein Quatrac Pro, Winter 235/70-16 Conti Viking Contact7 Mods>Beamtech LED headlight bulbs, Husky floor liners

Comment

Mmmm, that second picture is how I held the cable off of the exhaust, I didn't see any pictures of how other did it, there is a bracket there that held the cable before, i folded it over on its self and metal zip tied the cable in place
                  Attached Files

Comment

So I went out a bought a 75mm mustang upper plenum and a 5.4 throttle body, and was wondering if a slight whistle when ya blip the throttle is normal, it doesn't like increase, just from from maybe 1000-1200 and stops as revs continue, revs normally, the air tube and air box are stock, its pretty cool, but was wondering if it's bad

Comment

May indicate a bad or misaligned seal/gasket. Maybe a tab hanging inside the air path. Usually air induction (getting sucked into the intake) sounds more like a woosh/hiss than a whistle.

Comment

I think it was the map, I didn't have a connection on it plugged in all the way

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	20210227_111631.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	115.3 KB
ID:	1288674 mmm? What do ya think,
                          Edit: I have no idea why it's upside down

Comment

New problem lol, first would the tuner, big throttle body, and 75mm upper plenum make a big difference in the fuel trims, they are at 14% on the long term, second my brake and abs light come on randomly, the longest it stayed on was 5mins and today on the highway they blinked on then off. Third my compass on my rear view mirror will work fine, then show random pixels, or today it was OC. Thanks for any leads

Comment

Done some reading the abs and brake light, with no com, intermediatly mean she going bad, on a good note, you can just replace the computer bit and no brake fuild is lost

Comment

Originally posted by 82EmilioPucci View Post
                                mmm? What do ya think,
                                Edit: I have no idea why it's upside down
                                Orientation data and actual orientation sometimes don't agree when it comes to image files. Some applications use one method to display the image while others don't, that's basically why the picture looks fine on whatever device then wrong after posting. The application on the device uses one method while the forum uses another method.
                                Rotated:

That blue looks a bit brighter. The rest of the interior would look good in that shade of blue.

I don't know enough to answer any of the other questions.
                                Attached Files
                                Vic

~ 1989 MGM LS Colony Park - Large Marge
                                ~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
                                ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"
                                ~ 1991 MGM GS "The Ice Car"

Comment

Working...
                                X