Pictures Needed........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pictures Needed........

Does anybody have pictures of their stock accessory bracket setup on the lopo? I had a bunch of pictures on my old phone; which unfortunately got smashed a few years ago. In particular, I would like to look at the power steering pump/alternator bracket setup on the lopo. I think I know how that is configured, just need to confirm that I have all of the parts.

I can take some for you tonight when I’m back at home.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Try here:

http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...l=1#post769902

And here

http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...l=1#post775079
      ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
      My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
      My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
      But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
      my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

You are 351 now though. I have heard you need a special alternator bracket.
        ~David~

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Thanks Dave That's exactly what I needed. Yah, my 351W was not wanting to line the bracket up. Though, I will get a better look at things when I remove the power steering return line; the hard steel line, for whatever reasons, was hitting the power steering pump. I'm gonna make new lines anyways using 6AN teflon hose and the appropriate steel fittings.

Comment

I figured out what my issue is; it's 2-fold. I got a Weiand water pump for the F-250 that the engine came from. Coupled with the width of the 351W; it's making things very difficult with the stock CV brackets. I am going to trace a bracket with cardboard and then see if I can transfer that to steel. Also going to look into the aftermarket offerings and see which is the least expensive and time consuming.

Comment

Alt and PS bracket is the same, its the AC bracket that is specific for the 351. I think only one bolt gets used vs 2 though. Use the proper water pump for the engine, it all just fits together like peas and carrots. No need for special PS hoses either, the stock one just goes in like it was made for it, which it was.
              86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
              5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
              I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Ahh. AC bracket it is. Noted.
                ~David~

Comment

Yeah, I know; the problem is my younger/dumber self started buying parts right after bringing the engine home 10 years ago. I was probably mistakenly thinking that the 1996 F4TE would be different from the non-roller blocks. It's the same thinking that I used when getting swap meet valve covers; and getting the wrong X-pipe. I just didn't know to hold off until I started taking the car apart and assessing what I would need to make things work. Live and learn.

As such; I might buy the correct water pump for a P72 and hopefully that will make things a little easier to work with.

Comment

If you need a picture of a factory 351w accessory setup, i can provide
                    -Phil

sigpic

+1982 Ford LTD-S Police Car. Built 351w, Trickflow 11R 190 Heads, Holley Sniper EFI, RPM Intake+ Hyperspark dizzy, WR-AOD, Full exhaust headers to tails. 3.27 Trac-Lok Rear. Aluminum Police Driveshaft. Speedway Springs+Bilstein Shocks, Intermediate Brakes, HPP Steering Box.

+2003 Acura CL Type S 6-speed

Comment

I think I will purchase the correct water pump and see what I got to work with when it arrives. I think for now, my current water pump is the issue/problem.

Thank you Phil

Comment

might also want to take note of what timing cover is on that thing. There is a reverse flow pump one that doesn't work with the pump you need for stock belt setups.

Any of the standard rotation ones can be made to work, just have to block off the fuel pump and/or dipstick hole if you aren't using them.

wierdly, Mustangs use a reverse rotation pump but the standard rotation cover. I don't honestly know what the backwards cover is on but it might be a truck part.
                        86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                        5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                        I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

I know that I got a Ford Racing timing cover; I think from the CJ Pony tent when they were still having swap meets/flea markets in Englishtown Raceway Park. It's where I got the valve covers and other miscellaneous items. I remember writing down what I got; I just don't know if my notes came back with me. The timing cover didn't have the dipstick hole, nor the crankshaft sensor mount; but it did have the mechanical fuel pump flange, which I blocked off. I will yank the current water pump off and see what I got. There should be a number stamped on there.

Comment

Okay, I have a picture of what I think is the water pump pulley, but I need confirmation. I had it in the junk bin along with the lopo intake manifold. Is this the lopo water pump pulley?

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0501.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	79.0 KB
ID:	1288192 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0502.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	83.8 KB
ID:	1288193

Comment

Sure looks like it to me.
                              1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
                              1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
                              Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
                              Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

Working...
                              X