AOD Rebuild kit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AOD Rebuild kit

Many years ago I took the AOD from my old T-Bird apart just to see what was inside. A bunch of "stuff" that seemed to be controlled by black magic and voodoo.

I want to rebuild a '91 and wonder if anyone has any suggestions for a complete stock type rebuild kit.
    The first 3 gears + reverse all function correctly but the OD band is shot.

I do not want to get fancy or swap to the 2" band, just return it to stock operation.

I have seen many kits around the web, some more comprehensive than others. I just want a complete kit with quality components.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance

87 Ford LTD Crown Victoria Country Squire Station Wagon. 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, Boxed LCA's, Explorer Intake, 65mm T-body, 'Stang Cam, 'Stang Air tube, K&N, GT-40X Heads, 1" Spacer, 1 5/8 BBK's, 2.5" Pypes X-pipe w/high flow cats, Single Chamber Thunderbolts, B&M 'vertor, Po-lice Swaybars.

91 Mercury Grand Marquis Colony Park Station Wagon. K-Code, 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, MK VII LSC Engine, 'Stang Upper Intake, Stang Air Tube, K&N, 65 mm T-Body, 'Stang Headers, 'Stang Cat Pipe,'Stang Torque Convertor, 2 Chamber Thunderbolts.

Many shops use the Transpro kit. I have had them installed in a few cars. No problems with any of them.

Comment

My local guy uses Transgo parts for most everything stock...
      All FORD All The Time

Comment

Originally posted by Mainemantom View Post
        Many shops use the Transpro kit. I have had them installed in a few cars. No problems with any of them.
        Correction, It is Transgo.

Comment

As far as Transgo, I cannot find any rebuild kits. Do you mean TransStar?

87 Ford LTD Crown Victoria Country Squire Station Wagon. 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, Boxed LCA's, Explorer Intake, 65mm T-body, 'Stang Cam, 'Stang Air tube, K&N, GT-40X Heads, 1" Spacer, 1 5/8 BBK's, 2.5" Pypes X-pipe w/high flow cats, Single Chamber Thunderbolts, B&M 'vertor, Po-lice Swaybars.

91 Mercury Grand Marquis Colony Park Station Wagon. K-Code, 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, MK VII LSC Engine, 'Stang Upper Intake, Stang Air Tube, K&N, 65 mm T-Body, 'Stang Headers, 'Stang Cat Pipe,'Stang Torque Convertor, 2 Chamber Thunderbolts.

Comment

TransGo was the kit put in my AOD in the Mad Marquis. 60K miles with zero issues.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
            rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
            Originally posted by gadget73
            ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
            Originally posted by dmccaig
            Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Transparts Warehouse stocks Transgo. They are primarily a wholesale seller. They may sell retail.
              The packaging looks different from when I remember them. Allot of things look different from when I worked on cars.

Comment

Working...
              X