1990 CV after paint "refurbishing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1990 CV after paint "refurbishing

Took a couple of pictures of the 90 CV. Last week I got it back from getting the paint "refurbished" It looks like a fresh repaint. I am very happy with the results. about 1/10 the local cost of a repaint. and the quality of the paint job would not be as good. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0686.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	214.2 KB
ID:	1305504Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0689.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	264.2 KB
ID:	1305505

If possible can someone turn these pictures around for me ?
    Last edited by Mainemantom; 10-12-2020, 10:53 PM.

There you go:

Car looks really good. What was the process of the "refurbishing"? Was it similar to getting paint correction done by a detailing shop?

My Cars:
    -1964 Comet 202 (116K Miles) - Long Term Project
    -1986 Dodge D-150 Royale SE (112K Miles) - Slowly Getting Put Back Together
    -1987 Grand Marquis Colony Park LS (325K Miles) - April 2017 + September 2019 POTM Winner
    -1997 Grand Marquis LS (240K Miles) - The Daily Workhorse & March 2015 + January 2019 POTM Winner

Comment

Pretty blue paint.
      ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
      My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
      My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
      But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
      my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

I knew you had one of these but I didn’t know it looked like that. It looks great. That’s my favorite sedan color, and even better in police trim.
        1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
        1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
        Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
        Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

That's friggin beautiful!!!

Comment

VERY Nice..
            All FORD All The Time

Comment

Thank you for the compliments !
              I had the car repainted in about 2003 with Mercury Marauder Blue. It actually has a little pearl in it. I had never had it buffed out. I really thought it needed to be repainted. The body/paint shop thought it might be saved. I found a guy who has a small detail shop. He has basic details. More intense jobs, Mine needed a 3 stage compounding with the final coat being a basic ceramic coating. The top of the line ceramic job would have cost $900. It looks just like a new repaint.

Thanks to whoever fixed the pictures !

Comment

Flawless victory! Forgot how amazing boxes look in dark shades of blue. Really happy you're finding qualified people to help with fleet operations. It's a great feeling to not have to second guess and go back over things.
                '89 Grand Marquis "Ebyt", '85 Grand Marquis "Eva", '94 Caprice "Kira"
                '84 Town Car "Stacy", '79 New Yorker “Anita", '93 Town Car "Kelly"
                '80 Mark VI "Allie", '94 Grand Marquis coming June, '79 LTD-S "Oksana"

Comment

That is insanely beautiful.
                  '91 LTD Country Squire LX | '82 Cougar GS wagon |'03 Marauder | ' 18 Flex Limited EB
                  formerly: '02 MGM, '04 MGM, '04 MGM v2.0, '04 MM, '07 P71 w/5-speed, '03 SAP P71, '04 CVLX (now in pantera77's stable), '10 P7B

Comment

Very beautiful! I really need to revive the paint on my Mercury.
                    —John

1985 Ford F-150 XLT Lariat
                    1990 Mercury Grand Marquis LS (POTM March 2017 & May 2019 - gone, but not forgotten)
                    1995 Mustang SVT Cobra coupe (cream puff)
                    1966 Mustang coupe (restoration in-progress)

Comment

Working...
                    X