No announcement yet.

My 79 Marquis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh, I see a project I can help with. I have no idea the if '79 floor pan is the same and will accept that '87 seat track.
    Did you get the harness from under the donor carpet to plug in to both the driver and passenger seat? Other than that it looks like everything I would need as long as the floor pan is the same.
    Last edited by VicCrownVic; 10-23-2020, 01:25 PM.
    Vic

~ 1989 MGM LS Colony Park - Large Marge
    ~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
    ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"
    ~ 1991 MGM GS "The Ice Car"

Comment

The brackets seem to match after a crude measure. One difference in the 79 seat is that it doesnt have a lever on the side to manually recline. Didnt grab that harness, damn

1978 Grand Marquis 460 2door "Blue Bomber"

1987 LTD Crown Vic Canadian Tow Package 351w aka the "MI Mountie"

1989 Colony Park ....Marge still lives!

1979 Marquis creamy goodness

Comment

Not a deal breaker, a harness isn't too hard to make up. If you do get back to the JY pull the driver seat out, pull the carpet up, and get as much of the harness as you can. Should be just two wires. One is a bolted on ground wire and cut the other wire, somewhere along that floor channel just inside of the driver door.
        Figuring out the physical mounting of the switch will be fun since '79 has that trim piece on the side of the seat that I'll have to figure out how to not mangle in the process.
        Vic

~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
        ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"

Comment

Originally posted by VicCrownVic View Post
          Not a deal breaker, a harness isn't too hard to make up. If you do get back to the JY pull the driver seat out, pull the carpet up, and get as much of the harness as you can. Should be just two wires. One is a bolted on ground wire and cut the other wire, somewhere along that floor channel just inside of the driver door.
          Figuring out the physical mounting of the switch will be fun since '79 has that trim piece on the side of the seat that I'll have to figure out how to not mangle in the process.
          Been there! Maybe this will help:

http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...l=1#post666548

http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...l=1#post666560
          ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
          My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
          My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
          But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
          my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

That really is the beauty of having access to the Metro Detroit area...these cars are so common (as I think my junkyard thread has demonstrated), that parts which would otherwise be expensive or difficult to find are at your fingertips for pennies.

It won't be this way forever but it's pretty great while it still is.

Current driver: Ranger
            Panthers: 83 GM 2dr | 84 TC | 85 CS
            | 88 TC | 91 GM
            Not Panthers: 85 Ranger | Ranger trailer | 91 Acclaim | 05 Focus
            Gone: 97 CV | 83 TC | 04 Focus | 86 GM
            | Junkyards

Comment

Well said, kish.
              Me and Vic talked about this the other week....I think there is about 3 to 5 years before most of everything will be gone. Not sure if we have a master parts list on this site for parts that people need and have. It may be a good idea to start a thread listing things/inventory for the benefit of this awesome car club...if not we will all be regulated to shitty parts on Egay.

Comment

*Ebay.

Comment

Originally posted by Grand1 View Post
                  The brackets seem to match after a crude measure. One difference in the 79 seat is that it doesnt have a lever on the side to manually recline. Didnt grab that harness, damn
                  It is easy to change the seat over to manual recline. It is just a bracket assembly on lower and upper frames. I did it on my 90 CV. Just have to move the seat cover up and around a little. If there is a aluminum trim cover on lower seat cushion, a hole will have to be drilled for the lever.
                  I would be harvesting as many parts from that junkyard car as possible if the prices are reasonable. EBay prices are really high. JY availability is becoming less every day.

Comment

I did not know that about the recline, good to know. Good thing he got the whole seat.
                    Vic

~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
                    ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"

Comment

FYI The brackets are not on both sides of the seat, only the outside

Comment

Thats a great heads up. You saved me some four letter words.

Comment

VV carb is off. My vaccum lines have vaccum lines, gonna delete some.
                          Click image for larger version

Name:	20201029_135909.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	111.5 KB
ID:	1288172Click image for larger version

Name:	20201029_135907.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	101.1 KB
ID:	1288173

Comment

ahhh that mess of vacuum lines brings back memories of my VV days
                            -Phil

sigpic

+1982 Ford LTD-S Police Car. Built 351w, Trickflow 11R 190 Heads, Holley Sniper EFI, RPM Intake+ Hyperspark dizzy, WR-AOD, Full exhaust headers to tails. 3.27 Trac-Lok Rear. Aluminum Police Driveshaft. Speedway Springs+Bilstein Shocks, Intermediate Brakes, HPP Steering Box.

+2003 Acura CL Type S 6-speed

Comment

Wow, and I thought our '79 G10 was bad with all of its vacuum lines.
                              1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
                              1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

I filled an entire 30gal trash can with the stuff that came off my 84 wagoo when I went to a carb with a duraspark2.

Comment

Working...
                                X