Trans fluid change

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trans fluid change

So I just put in a new extension housing and changed the filter. Would it be a good idea to drain the TC and put in all fresh oil? When I dropped the pan the fluid wasn’t burnt but it was a little dark and the bottom of pan had some sludge.

May as well.

make sure you don't over-torque the filter. I had problems with OD engagement on something and later info makes me think it was the filter bolt being too tight and causing the valve to stick.
    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

I don’t think I tightened it much. Was using a baby ratchet and as soon as it felt tight I left it as is.

Comment

Look up the torque value for the filter. Like Gadget said, it can cause problems. Allot of extra work just because of a simple thing.

Comment

Thanks guys

Comment

Working...
          X