No announcement yet.

Heater Control Valve Sticking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The reason I took the alternator off was to look at the cooling tube in there. I didn't have the kind I saw on a uTube video, and I didn't see any leaks, although I couldn't remove the insulation shroud to see it very well. The big (cracked) plastic thing is the insulation shroud, supposedly to isolate the knock sensor from external noises (that's what a uTube video said anyway). It's crumbling away. I'm not worried about the white crud, just wondering if that's what happens to old dried up coolant, or what else could produce it. I'll have to look into getting a pressure tester.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Comment

And... The waterpump isn't leaking out the weep hole.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Comment

That insulation is around the intake. Without removing the intake, it won't come off. The intake has long runners that loop down into the valley and around to the heads instead of straight in.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
        rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
        Originally posted by gadget73
        ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
        Originally posted by dmccaig
        Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Working...
        X