Black 1996 CVPI after paint refurbishing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Black 1996 CVPI after paint refurbishing

Got back the black 1996 CVPI today after the 4 step paint "refurbishing". Detailer said the paint was a mess. It is a single stage paint which was repainted about 14-15 years ago. Never buffed out after repainting like it should have. We moved to Maine just after the repaint was done.
    Here is some pictures. I am happy with the results. The paint looks even now. Comparing the quality of the paint job to the 90 CV would be comparing apples to oranges. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0701.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	196.3 KB
ID:	1305519Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0695.jpg
Size:	206.1 KB
ID:	1305520Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0693.jpg
Size:	196.0 KB
ID:	1305521

Looks good to me through the computer screen.

I like it when you can bring existing paint back to life versus getting new/newer paint. If you are okay with the outcome it brings with it less heart aches. Sucks to spend a lot of money on a repaint and it not come out well. Easier to spend on a paint correction mentally knowing it wont be perfected but better than what was there than spending it on a repaint that does not come out well.
    ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
    My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
    My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
    But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
    my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Looks factory fresh! The contrasting bright of the dogdishes and the spotlights versus the jet black is awesome. Another fleet member optimized mang I'm happy for you.
      '89 Grand Marquis "Ebyt", '85 Grand Marquis "Eva", '94 Caprice "Kira"
      '84 Town Car "Stacy", '79 New Yorker “Anita", '93 Town Car "Kelly"
      '80 Mark VI "Allie", '94 Grand Marquis coming June, '79 LTD-S "Oksana"

Comment

Working...
      X