No announcement yet.

Need proper EGR delte write up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

caveat to #1, if it wasn't working correctly, then removing it may improve the situation. Properly working EGR doesn't bother anything though.

I actually did some testing with those coolant lines. Disconnecting them is good for about 15 degrees of air temp drop at the IAT sensor. I doubt it makes a meaningful difference in performance, but from a pure theory POV it can't hurt to increase the air charge density by making it colder.
    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
      caveat to #1, if it wasn't working correctly, then removing it may improve the situation. Properly working EGR doesn't bother anything though.

I actually did some testing with those coolant lines. Disconnecting them is good for about 15 degrees of air temp drop at the IAT sensor. I doubt it makes a meaningful difference in performance, but from a pure theory POV it can't hurt to increase the air charge density by making it colder.
      Agreed, I was assuming a properly functioning EGR, should’ve clarified that. Also, my point about the coolant hoses to the spacer was that their purpose was NOT as an “EGR cooler”. Disconnecting those bad boys are one of the first “mods” I make to any of my 5.0s.
      '85 CV coupe- 351W, T5-Z, FAST Ez-Efi, shorty headers, 2.5" duals with knock off flowmasters, 2.5" Impala tails, seriously worked GT-40 irons, Comp 265DEH cam, 1.7rr's, Mallory HyFire 6A, Taylor ThunderVolt 50 10.4mm wires, 75mm t/b, 3G alt swap, 140mph PI speedo, PI rear sway bar, '00 PI booster/MC, 95-97 front spindles, '99 front hub bearings/brakes, '92-'94 front upper control arms/ball-joints, 3.73's with rebuilt traction-lok, '09 PI rear disc swap, '96 Mustang GT wheels with 235/55R17's.

Comment

yeah its not a cooler, I was just offering some data I had gathered that backs that statement up.
        86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
        5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
        I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Working...
        X