88 lincoln tc 351w swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

88 lincoln tc 351w swap

I have a 1988 Lincoln Town Car with the 5.0 lopo motor I want to do a 351w efi swap( long term power goals 650-700 gonna turbo also)anyway i might be able to get a 351w and wiring harness as well as the computer i just want to know the ins-and-outs what to look for pretty much the lowdown on doing the swap... I also took into consideration the Explorer 5 .0 swap I wasn't sure on the ratings of their block I know the normal the Mustang 500 block only holds up to 400 to 500 horsepower before being unreliable and wouldn't 351 is pretty much the sky's the limit any info would help

Do a roller conversion on a flat tappet 351 block (complete with steel roller cam and distributor). The roller blocks are known to have valley crack issues. The 302 blocks are generally good to about 400HP (maybe more with careful tuning for mid to high RPM power) and the 351 blocks are good for more, but I don't remember how much more. Dart blocks will be good for moon shots, but are pretty spendy. The key with the explorer engines is the heads. They flow better than the old iron heads and you can do pretty well with just those and a nice cam. Power in the range you're shooting for is out of my understanding as that requires boost.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
    rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
    Originally posted by gadget73
    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
    Originally posted by dmccaig
    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

There's 351w lightning trucks with turbos running up to 700-800hp. I'm not certain theres a Ford EFI for the 351w that will fit under the hood of a Vic. Truck intakes are tall.
      Internal combustion of all types is a mechanical symphony, but it is the primordial roar of a V-8 that stirs a man's savage soul.

Comment

Working...
      X