No announcement yet.

Handling, and how to improve it.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1000/300 front/rear will be stiff. Dunno if it'll be harsh though. Definitely will be interesting.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
    rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
    Originally posted by gadget73
    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
    Originally posted by dmccaig
    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
      I know nothing about the springs. I picked up mine used off of another members wagon! Hope it works out well for you and curious how it will look.
      Hey, I'll try to post up some pictures soon, I need to do that anyway...

Comment

Originally posted by sly View Post
        1000/300 front/rear will be stiff. Dunno if it'll be harsh though. Definitely will be interesting.
        Stiff, definitely. If my tires had less sidewall, it would likely be edging toward harsh, has a lot more of a 'performance' feel but still doesn't ride like trash and isn't so stiff it's bouncy. I would NOT go any heavier because it would stat to get bouncy. I know the ride won't be everyone's cup of tea, but this boat doesn't float anymore.
        Handling definitely improved greatly. Still needs more grip, and better sway bars/new bushings. But that's all the supporting stuff for stiffer springs (in my eyes). So for right now, I'm certainly pleased. Gonna take some swooping turns on the interstate, since it's too long of a wheelbase for the twisties on the back roads I normally hoon the Miata on, though I did do an uphill run on those last night to make sure...

Comment

Working...
        X