Wagon *FI fuel pump hanger assembly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wagon *FI fuel pump hanger assembly

Appears to be the complete fuel pump hanger assembly including pump: https://www.ebay.com/itm/171880434440

Seems to cross with E3AZ-9350B, E6AZ-9350A, EP424, P74647S, EP2087H, SP2056H

$38.88 USD with free shipping inside the US, and the seller ships internationally with the GSP.

Cheap as dirt, really. Even if the pump it comes with is no good (or comes with no pump), it's worth it for the brand new unrusty hanger. And if the included pump is actually a Bosch it's a killer deal.

4 remain in stock.

Previously I've said I think the wagon hanger only differs in the angle it hangs the pump at. After further review (since I own both styles), the line fittings are also different accommodating the hanger being recessed further into the tank due to the rear side of the tank shape. Suspicions only: you can probably use a wagon one on a sedan with some bending, but I don't think you can use a sedan one on a wagon without bending AND also making new longer nylon lines.

Current driver: Ranger
    Panthers: 83 GM 2dr | 84 TC | 85 CS
    | 88 TC | 91 GM
    Not Panthers: 85 Ranger | Ranger trailer | 91 Acclaim | 05 Focus
    Gone: 97 CV | 83 TC | 04 Focus | 86 GM
    | Junkyards

Same part number listed on Amazon for around $40 w/pump, though you cannot ever trust Amazon's part matching, they say it doesn't fit an '89 colony park. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000BZL2RE...ype=automotive I usually double and triple check everything on RockAuto and Summit if I'm ordering from Amazon. The search on Amazon doesn't ever work properly, sometimes you have to find the part numbers and search them, not look up parts by vehicle.

I need to figure out what pump I need to get for the 30lb injectors for my new engine, if there's any increase necessary.
    Slicktop '91 GS HO 4.30 rear. '82 Mark VI Tudor HO, '90 F-150 XLT, '62 project Heep, '89 Arizona Waggin' and '88 donor in PA, getting combined.

Comment

Originally posted by sxcpotatoes View Post
      Same part number listed on Amazon
      Oh, that's neat...somehow I didn't see that.
      The photo on Amazon clears up some things I was wondering about.

1. Yes, it appears Bosch did at one time sell the complete housing assembly, and this is it. It is probably discontinued which is why it's only hanging around in a couple spots with low stock.
      2. The installed pump is an actual Bosch. We can tell from the visible bit of the pump. Bosch pumps look very distinctive.
      3. Bosch might actually have been the OE for Ford for this part. The Amazon photo shows a Ford service part number sticker on it. I've also pulled numerous Bosch pumps out of junkyard Panthers.

I'm tempted to start a thread just rambling off parts interchange info and these finds when they turn up. These items are not getting easier to find as time passes.

I did buy one of these from the eBay link. It will be going to my friend's place in MI where I won't be able to get it for potentially many months depending on the pandemic stuff (closed border). I'll get him to send me some pics once it arrives.

As for your pump situation, you can really put whatever you want in it, so it all comes down to specs. If your existing hanger is in good shape there are many pumps that fit the hanger (but not all of them do - the pickup sock can interfere with the rubber cone thing). But at the same time, if a pump such as this was going to meet your requirements (I don't know if it will or not), 40 bucks for the complete assembly is unbeatable. I am certain these are only cheap because they're very old, discontinued, and not sellable through normal retail channels. I don't think they're cheap because they're junk. But we'll see what comes in the mail.
      Last edited by kishy; 11-03-2020, 08:43 PM.

| 88 TC | 91 GM
      | Junkyards

Comment

I ordered a Spectra version of this for my 90 in 2016. IIRC it was around $120. This is a good deal.
        1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
        1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
        Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
        Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

if I had a wagon I'd buy one just to have if I needed it. I'm starting to get that way when I trip over goofy parts that are hard to find. I don't want to be a parts hoarder but some of this stuff is just too difficult to find if you need it.
          86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
          5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
          I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

I went ahead and ordered this new Ebay one, even though I may end up with two spare hanger assemblies from the wagons. So I guess I'll be the guinea pig for this one.
            Slicktop '91 GS HO 4.30 rear. '82 Mark VI Tudor HO, '90 F-150 XLT, '62 project Heep, '89 Arizona Waggin' and '88 donor in PA, getting combined.

Comment

I ONLY search by part number for car parts on Amazon. They're worse than anyone for year model related parts.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
              rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
              Originally posted by gadget73
              ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
              Originally posted by dmccaig
              Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Small bump. 2 left in stock.
                Pandemic has prevented me getting access to the one I bought (at friend's house in Detroit), but he opened it up for pics at my request and it's Ford NOS inside a NAPA box.

(makes sense - NAPA was probably house-branding the Bosch part, and we already knew Bosch was the OE pump Ford used, but I thought the hanger was made by Airtex...maybe only on other Ford vehicles though)

| 88 TC | 91 GM
                | Junkyards

Comment

Working...
                X