Wagon front springs NLA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wagon front springs NLA

Seems Rockauto doesn't have wagon front springs, many other places don't have many options either. I have the spring rates from the suspension thread, and I am thinking of having hpp rate (540) springs made for the front. There's a local place that can custom make any springs you want. I didn't see the height and width/diameter or I forget where I found it. 12" high, 5" wide?

Front Springs:

Base: 374lb/in
    Wagon: 443lb/in
    HPP: 540 lb/in
    P71: 700 lb/in
    Or should I just order speedway springs? I can't get their website to show me anything but coilovers or the 1" drop rate 925s or whatever directly from the links in suspension threads on here.

Any help would be appreciated.

I did score the wagon rear Moog Variable Rate Cargo CC8819 or whatever for around $60 on Amazon.
    Last edited by sxcpotatoes; 11-04-2020, 08:02 PM.
    Slicktop '91 GS HO 4.30 rear. '82 Mark VI Tudor HO, '90 F-150 XLT, '62 project Heep, '89 Arizona Waggin' and '88 donor in PA, getting combined.

They might just be OOS b/c of covid, who knows. It's in the FAQ actually, sorry, still gotta figure out if I want to go PI or HPP rate, as the shocks are just the Gas A Just 4515 and 5512s
    Last edited by sxcpotatoes; 11-04-2020, 08:14 PM.
    Slicktop '91 GS HO 4.30 rear. '82 Mark VI Tudor HO, '90 F-150 XLT, '62 project Heep, '89 Arizona Waggin' and '88 donor in PA, getting combined.

Comment

I've found the catalog (not just at RockAuto - everywhere) is kind of screwy with model years and applications, especially with springs. If you want wagon rear constant rate springs for example, they do exist, but catalogs only show them for certain model years.

Similarly, RockAuto is listing a wagon front coil spring if you look up an '83 Grand Marquis. LESJÖFORS 4127538. They do not list the spring specifications but it says Colony Park, which means (assuming the manufacturer's info is correct) those are wagon front coils.

I will note that the earlier years always seem to sit very high compared to the later years, and I don't know exactly why that is.

Current driver: Ranger
      Panthers: 83 GM 2dr | 84 TC | 85 CS
      | 88 TC | 91 GM
      Not Panthers: 85 Ranger | Ranger trailer | 91 Acclaim | 05 Focus
      Gone: 97 CV | 83 TC | 04 Focus | 86 GM
      | Junkyards

Comment

I did see those LESJOFORS for an '88 Grand Marquis and claimed they were Heavy Duty on RockAuto (I remember the part number) but I couldn't find the spring rate or any information at all when I was searching around online, and didn't want to risk them being weaker than front wagon springs.

Comment

Interesting, i thought they were all out of the HD spring. Aero- panther springs should work in a pinch, ride height and stiffness is about the same as wagon/HD springs. I have cut down ones in my LTD
          -Phil

sigpic

+1982 Ford LTD-S Police Car. Built 351w, Trickflow 11R 190 Heads, Holley Sniper EFI, RPM Intake+ Hyperspark dizzy, WR-AOD, Full exhaust headers to tails. 3.27 Trac-Lok Rear. Aluminum Police Driveshaft. Speedway Springs+Bilstein Shocks, Intermediate Brakes, HPP Steering Box.

+2003 Acura CL Type S 6-speed

Comment

I found that Amazon Canada was listing Moog 8649 and 8795, but with no delivery date. I ordered both. After a lengthy wait, the order for both was canceled as no longer available.

I don't recall which was which, but one is a Ford/Mercury sedan constant rate rear, and one is a wagon constant rate rear. So these are definitely drying up as well.

Current driver: Ranger
            Panthers: 83 GM 2dr | 84 TC | 85 CS
            | 88 TC | 91 GM
            Not Panthers: 85 Ranger | Ranger trailer | 91 Acclaim | 05 Focus
            Gone: 97 CV | 83 TC | 04 Focus | 86 GM
            | Junkyards

Comment

Okay, I don't know where all the information is, but I had done a lot of research and work figuring out the front springs. Moog had a spring rate/chooser thing on their site where you could pick whether the ends are open or closed or whatever (I forget what they're called), the overall spring height uninstalled and installed/loaded, and the spring rate. So I went with Police spring rate for the front since I got the Cargo Coils IIRC for the rear, well they're 710lb vs 700. Part number is Moog 80090.

Comment

Let us know how it works with the wagon, everyone who put those in a panther said it jacked the front end up super high. But I don’t recall anyone doing it with a wagon so maybe you will be OK
                -Phil

sigpic

+1982 Ford LTD-S Police Car. Built 351w, Trickflow 11R 190 Heads, Holley Sniper EFI, RPM Intake+ Hyperspark dizzy, WR-AOD, Full exhaust headers to tails. 3.27 Trac-Lok Rear. Aluminum Police Driveshaft. Speedway Springs+Bilstein Shocks, Intermediate Brakes, HPP Steering Box.

+2003 Acura CL Type S 6-speed

Comment

Well, I'm figuring that the wagon cargo coils (Moog CC819) will jack the rear end up and possibly give the car a slight rake so maybe it will just even it out? I got the rears on Amazon for like $63 tax all in, so I was happy that they had them in stock less than $120-150

Comment

Working...
                  X