Rear Bumper Core Support

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rear Bumper Core Support

Looking for a solid 79-87 rear bumper core support, mines just about gone. Anyone have one/know of any?
    -Phil

sigpic

+1982 Ford LTD-S Police Car. Built 351w, Trickflow 11R 190 Heads, Holley Sniper EFI, RPM Intake+ Hyperspark dizzy, WR-AOD, Full exhaust headers to tails. 3.27 Trac-Lok Rear. Aluminum Police Driveshaft. Speedway Springs+Bilstein Shocks, Intermediate Brakes, HPP Steering Box.

+2003 Acura CL Type S 6-speed

Bump for bumper, lost a bolt on mine due to rot, hoping the bumper will hold on
    -Phil

sigpic

+1982 Ford LTD-S Police Car. Built 351w, Trickflow 11R 190 Heads, Holley Sniper EFI, RPM Intake+ Hyperspark dizzy, WR-AOD, Full exhaust headers to tails. 3.27 Trac-Lok Rear. Aluminum Police Driveshaft. Speedway Springs+Bilstein Shocks, Intermediate Brakes, HPP Steering Box.

Comment

If we come up with an entire bumper for Grand1's '87 we can check to see if his core is ok. Even though his bumper has a rot hole there's still a chance the core might be ok. The only two suitable donor cars at the JY this past weekend both had their bumper missing, there is one more yard that I didn't make it to though.
      Vic

~ 1989 MGM LS Colony Park - Large Marge
      ~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
      ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"
      ~ 1991 MGM GS "The Ice Car"

Comment

Car-Part.com shows that there is one from a 84 MGM in Lowell Massachusetts with nice chrome. Maybe the support is nice too. Listed as an assembly. $50 plus shipping. No guards or strips according to the listing.
        If you don't want it, I may get it.
        Last edited by Mainemantom; 03-24-2021, 10:52 PM.

Comment

VicCrownVic I appreciate it, I hope you find one!

Originally posted by Mainemantom View Post
          Car-Part.com shows that there is one from a 84 MGM in Lowell Massachusetts with nice chrome. Maybe the support is nice too. Listed as an assembly. $50 plus shipping. No guards or strips according to the listing.
          If you don't want it, I may get it.
          Let me check it out, I have a buddy near there, thanks for the lead!
          -Phil

sigpic

Comment

Bump, still haven't had any luck
            -Phil

sigpic

Comment

I need to get out to the JYs again. I did check the other yard that I mentioned back in March and they had no boxes at that time.
              Vic

~ 1989 MGM LS Colony Park - Large Marge
              ~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
              ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"
              ~ 1991 MGM GS "The Ice Car"

Comment

I've been thinking about shedding some weight with my car. Did I read on here somewhere that there were a few models and years that had aluminum bumpers?
                I'd swap my rear chrome and inner core for an aluminum bumper if it was as nice as what I have..
                All FORD All The Time

Comment

Originally posted by clutch47 View Post
                  I've been thinking about shedding some weight with my car. Did I read on here somewhere that there were a few models and years that had aluminum bumpers?
                  I'd swap my rear chrome and inner core for an aluminum bumper if it was as nice as what I have..
                  From here: http://www.grandmarq.net/tiggie/History.htm

1985 "Wagons received an anodized aluminum front bumper to go with the anodized rear bumper the wagons had carried since production began."

1988 "Ford and Mercury Wagons once again received aluminum bumpers all around (anodized in the rear, chrome plated in the front). Sedans began using an aluminum inner bumper structure, with certain sedans also receiving a chrome plated aluminum outer shell instead of steel."

I guess you could find a wagon bumper if you're keen on losing weight. Those just have the rubber pad on top, or atleast the holes.
                  1985 Mercury Grand Marquis LS, "Maisa"
                  1995 Chevrolet Caprice Classic STW, "Sally"

Comment

Aren't the wagon rears of a different design? At least I recall them being a different shape, although I could be wrong. I'm sure it would still bolt up.
                    -Phil

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Brown_Muscle View Post
                      Aren't the wagon rears of a different design? At least I recall them being a different shape, although I could be wrong. I'm sure it would still bolt up.
                      Yeah I have no idea, by shape they look pretty much the same to me. Maybe the wagon bumper is a bit flatter on top?
                      1985 Mercury Grand Marquis LS, "Maisa"
                      1995 Chevrolet Caprice Classic STW, "Sally"

Comment

NO NO NO! A wagon bumper is wider and sticks out farther. It would look like tits on a bull! What would you use for the filler between the body and wagon bumper? WagonMan
                        89 Colony Park
                        90 Colony Park
                        70 HEMI Daytona Convertible

Comment

Originally posted by WagonMan View Post
                          NO NO NO! A wagon bumper is wider and sticks out farther. It would look like tits on a bull! What would you use for the filler between the body and wagon bumper? WagonMan
                          Hhhmm..
                          Cut it, weld it, plate it. HHhmmm..

In this day and age nobody would even look twice to notice bulltits.
                          All FORD All The Time

Comment

Just saw this auction on E-bay. It is for a caliper, but check out the rear bumper in the pictures.
                            Contact the seller and see if the bumper is steel or aluminum. WagonMan

https://www.ebay.com/itm/19371339585...cAAOSw5s1fiw8I
                            89 Colony Park
                            90 Colony Park
                            70 HEMI Daytona Convertible

Comment

Originally posted by WagonMan View Post
                              Just saw this auction on E-bay. It is for a caliper, but check out the rear bumper in the pictures.
                              Contact the seller and see if the bumper is steel or aluminum. WagonMan
                              Thanks. Great idea.
                              All FORD All The Time

Comment

Working...
                              X