No announcement yet.

The Colon aka Lady Starstruck --> 1988 Colony Park by bnw

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just to let you know we're alive. Still need to figure out sensible engine temp, rpm etc gauges. Any ideas for square ones with a white background? I was thinking of building a custom console with a telephone holder, USB outlet, space for my purse, etc, and the aforementioned gauges.

'88 Colony Park: 4500E;
    Spotify subscription: 7E monthly;
    Used FM transmitter: 3E;
    Listening to Laura Brannigan, Pointer Sisters, and Rainbow on a rainy late evening cruise: priceless.

Comment

One day, a package came, a harbinger of an upcoming game:

Both the compression and head gasket(s) were tested okay, so the major overhaul went underway.
      But to achieve this goal, the car had to be left with no heart at all:

Alas is the engine gone, but it will return, with a lot of wear undone:

After all these actions are done, most of the problems will surely be gone. One issue I want to have solved, which shock absorbers shall be involved? The originals, filled with air, or used nivomats, that need no care?

Man, I definitely need to stop drinking.

Comment

If no thought was out into what you wrote that is even more impressive.
        ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
        My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
        My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
        But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
        my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
          If no thought was out into what you wrote that is even more impressive.
          The amount of thought is usually inversely proportional to the amount of rum I got. Or rather consume, to bath my brain in an alcoholic fume

Comment

Definately a lot clearer than anything I write when the only thing affecting me is being tired.

Comment

I ma generally trying to read my posts at least twice before posting, because I have an awful tendency of running into "one long incredibly unbroken sentence moving from topic to topic", like Jean-Luc Picard once said. Sometimes, when writing reports, or publications, my colleagues have to divide several sentences into at least four different ones O_O.

BTW, some news on The Colon. Brake drums need to be either refurbished, or replaced. Apparently it is not an easy job to find a shop that has time slots to do it soon. I just hope the car is back before the winter comes: down where I live now, there will be no chance to drive it when the snow comes.

Comment

Seeing that engine sitting there reminds me that thread sealer is required for those flex plate bolts. I learned that the hard way when mine leaked oil after I installed the engine in The Ice Car in 2016. I dropped the trans to get at what I thought was a rear main leak only to find it was those flex plate bolts.
                Vic

~ 1989 MGM LS Colony Park - Large Marge
                ~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
                ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"
                ~ 1991 MGM GS "The Ice Car"

Comment

Originally posted by VicCrownVic View Post
                  Seeing that engine sitting there reminds me that thread sealer is required for those flex plate bolts. I learned that the hard way when mine leaked oil after I installed the engine in The Ice Car in 2016. I dropped the trans to get at what I thought was a rear main leak only to find it was those flex plate bolts.
                  Thank you! The bolts between the transmission, and the engine, or other ones?

Comment

Working...
                  X