05 Grand Marq GS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

05 Grand Marq GS

Picked this up for a nice daily/winter beater to keep my new Super Duty out of the snow.

Drove out to Rochester for it, one owner car (older folks), driven down to Florida every winter so it's rust free. They had all the original brochures, window sticker, ect...
    124k, silver birch with charcoal interior. Just a base model GS, nothing special. New battery and four new tires on it, the car only went 4k in the last 5 years.

Gave it some love with the buffer today, cleaned up really nice. Had a bunch of scratches, from hitting various things I'm sure. Interior is in great condition, just gave it a quick wipe down.
    Threw on my spare Marauder wheels, which made it look a lot less awful. Looks like it's gonna be in the 50's for a while still, so I can run them for a few weeks at least.

Saved the 3.27 rear from a 04 Sport I parted out/scrapped, it already had a Trac-lok added to it, will toss some new clutches in it and swap the whole rear end over eventually.
    Have a nice set of dual's with magnaflow's off my parts Marauder I'll throw on. Other than that, adding a hitch, and a MZT, I'll probably just leave it alone and drive it.

2020 F250 - 7.3 4x4 CCSB STX 3.55's - BAKFlip MX4
    2005 Grand Marquis GS - Marauder sway bars, Marauder exhaust, KYB's
    2003 Marauder - Trilogy # 8, JLT, kooks, 2.5" exhaust, 4.10's/31 spline, widened rear's, metco's, addco's, ridetech's 415hp/381tq
    1987 Colony Park - 03+ frame swap, blown Gen II Coyote, 6R80, ridetechs, stainless works, absolute money pit. WIP

needs the Marauder grille installed.
    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Very nice. Looks to nice to be a winter beater. You going to under coat it ?

Comment

I am still impressed the with MPG these were rated. Dealer really overcharged for that full size spare. I would have ordered it, too. Gotta have my full size spare. Especially if you are getting the traction lock installed.
        1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
        1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
        Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
        Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

Nice!!! Did you paint the underside; or did it come like that?

Comment

Originally posted by packman View Post
            That is just what rust free cars look like.
            ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
            My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
            My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
            But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
            my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
              needs the Marauder grille installed.
              I might do a paint matched grille and Marauder headlights/corners, we'll see.

Originally posted by Mainemantom View Post
              Very nice. Looks to nice to be a winter beater. You going to under coat it ?
              It's nice, but I'm past the point in my life of driving junk in the winter., I want something at lease presentable. It will be thoroughly fluid filmed.

Originally posted by Tiggie View Post
              I am still impressed the with MPG these were rated. Dealer really overcharged for that full size spare. I would have ordered it, too. Gotta have my full size spare. Especially if you are getting the traction lock installed.
              Love my limited slip's, a necessity in winter IMO.

Originally posted by packman View Post
              Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
              That is just what rust free cars look like.
              Like Dave said, just that clean underneath. I will not buy a car with any amount of rust on it.

100% legally on the road and inspected today!
              2003 Marauder - Trilogy # 8, JLT, kooks, 2.5" exhaust, 4.10's/31 spline, widened rear's, metco's, addco's, ridetech's 415hp/381tq
              1987 Colony Park - 03+ frame swap, blown Gen II Coyote, 6R80, ridetechs, stainless works, absolute money pit. WIP

Comment

Updates!

Pulled the exhaust off my frame donor parts Marauder. Nothing super special, magnaflow's, and legit 3" res delete Meg's tips.

Of course the entire system was fully welded, H pipe to tip, and I didn't have the heart to cut it apart, so I dropped the axle down and pulled it off in one go.
                And of course, that meant installation went the same way. A smart man would have waited until he was swapping the entire rear end over to his 3.27 rear to do the exhaust. A smart man I am not; I keep buying panthers.

So while I left the peg leg 2.73 in there for now, I at least added a few goodies, cargo coils, KYB's, and a (not pictured) Marauder rear sway bar.

After that, a very thorough Fluid Film application was in order. I went all out, pulled the rocker covers, pulled the body plugs, spayed every hole every which way.

And the finished result. I'm not a huge fan of the "Bumper Tuck", but I had to give it one in order for the tips too clear (and they just barely do)

The exhaust is shockingly quiet, the four cats really quiet it down I guess. It has a very mellow deep sound, it's honestly perfect for what I'm after. My Marauder is loud as hell, so this quiet car is nice for a change.

Comment

I hear you on getting tired of driving crap in the winter. I could reach through the rust hole in my driver door and unlock it on my previous winter ride. I got 8 winters out of it though.

And an expensive new truck vs a cheap but very clean panther? Yeah, not hard to sacrifice the cheaper vehicle to the salt.

Looks to be the same color as my '98, but with a proper top. I installed cargo coils on my ride as well, I tend to haul too much crap not to.
                  Vic

~ 1989 MGM LS Colony Park - Large Marge
                  ~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
                  ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"
                  ~ 1991 MGM GS "The Ice Car"

Comment

It really looks good.

Antenna on the p..side quarter panel?
                    ~David~

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Originally posted by pantera77 View Post
                      Updates! Pulled the exhaust off my frame donor parts Marauder.
                      The exhaust is shockingly quiet, the four cats really quiet it down I guess. It has a very mellow deep sound, it's honestly perfect for what I'm after. My Marauder is loud as hell, so this quiet car is nice for a change.
                      Interesting that the mufflers in the system you pulled are offset/offset (stock are offset/center). That is one of my concerns when I build the exhaust for my MGM; since I am using mufflers that were intended for the '86 CV. When I first did the dual exhaust on the CV and heard how quiet it was; I was sold on quiet exhaust systems. I hope to achieve that with my MGM.

Comment

Nice to see you are taking take of your winter driver. Doing some practical mods too. Very nice. So many people get a winter beater and run it into the ground.

Comment

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
                          It really looks good.

Antenna on the p..side quarter panel?
                          An ‘05 exclusive thing. Along with the first year of DBW with the old gauges.
                          2020 Volvo XC90 T6 Momentum (Ice White / Blonde)
                          2022 Ram 1500 4x4 5.7 Etorque, Built to Serve Edition, (Granite Crystal / Black)
                          Past Panthers
                          1989 Grand Marquis LS (Cabernet/Grey), 1989 Lincoln Town Car SS (White/Blue), 2004 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate (White/Black)

Originally posted by Lincolnmania
                          if its got tits or tires it's bound to give you trouble

Comment

Originally posted by tjc78 View Post
                            An ‘05 exclusive thing. Along with the first year of DBW with the old gauges.
                            Thanks for the information.

DBW...drive by wire right?
                            ~David~

Comment

Yes
                              2020 Volvo XC90 T6 Momentum (Ice White / Blonde)
                              2022 Ram 1500 4x4 5.7 Etorque, Built to Serve Edition, (Granite Crystal / Black)
                              Past Panthers
                              1989 Grand Marquis LS (Cabernet/Grey), 1989 Lincoln Town Car SS (White/Blue), 2004 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate (White/Black)

Originally posted by Lincolnmania
                              if its got tits or tires it's bound to give you trouble

Comment

Working...
                              X