No announcement yet.

05 Grand Marq GS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

(aftermarket) Marauder headlights and corners, de-pinned and swapped over the factory 05 harness into the new headlights; blacked out the grille.

Mounted and balanced some fresh snows and repainted the factory 16" steelies.
    TireRack had a great deal on some new old stock 2017 Michelin X-Ice Xi3's.

2020 F250 - 7.3 4x4 CCSB STX 3.55's - BAKFlip MX4
    2005 Grand Marquis GS - Marauder sway bars, Marauder exhaust, KYB's
    2003 Marauder - Trilogy # 8, JLT, kooks, 2.5" exhaust, 4.10's/31 spline, widened rear's, metco's, addco's, ridetech's 415hp/381tq
    1987 Colony Park - 03+ frame swap, blown Gen II Coyote, 6R80, ridetechs, stainless works, absolute money pit. WIP

Comment

You winter car looks better than my daily.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
      rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
      Originally posted by gadget73
      ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
      Originally posted by dmccaig
      Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Added the parts Marauder front sway bar plus new end links - (the marauder front + rear sway bar actually make the car really nice to drive)

And a little maintenance; new thermostat (old one has been stuck open since I bought the car), new belt, tensioner, p71 "zip" tube (still rocking the factory 70mm MAF and airbox for now) replaced the bad drivers side window control switch with the one out of a_d_a_m's old 04 CV LX

2003 Marauder - Trilogy # 8, JLT, kooks, 2.5" exhaust, 4.10's/31 spline, widened rear's, metco's, addco's, ridetech's 415hp/381tq
        1987 Colony Park - 03+ frame swap, blown Gen II Coyote, 6R80, ridetechs, stainless works, absolute money pit. WIP

Comment

Haven't done much to this car in the last year, just drive it everyday. I swapped out the aftermarket marauder corners/headlights + painted grille for all new factory repop stuff. (the dark lights on the sliver+chrome weren't doing it for me)
          Other than that it just works, put nearly 9k on it so far.

Fresh pic from today:

Comment

I missed that sway bar post. Amazing how much nicer they make things isn't it ?. I did the same thing with the 08 TC. Bought it for the winter DD. Found a rust free car in nice shape that was not too expensive. Made similar basic upgrades. It came with duals, a decent sway upfront and HID headlights so it was not really necessary to futz with that.

BTW what is an MZT?
            Last edited by jaywish; 01-18-2022, 01:23 PM.
            03 Marauder DPB, HS, 6disk, Organizer Mods> LED's in & Out, M&Z rear control arms, Oil deflector, U-Haul Trans Pan, Blue Fuzzy Dice
            02 SL500 Silver Arrow
            08 TC Signature Limited, HID's Mods>235/55-17 Z rated BFG G-Force Comp-2 A/S Plus, Addco 1" rear Sway, Posi Carrier, Compustar Remote Start, floor liners, trunk organizer, Two part Sun Visors, B&M Trans drain Plug, Winter=05 Mustang GT rims, Nokian Hakkapeliitta R-2 235/55-17
            12 Escape Limited V6 AWD, 225/65R17 Vredestein Quatrac Pro, Winter 235/70-16 Conti Viking Contact7 Mods>Beamtech LED headlight bulbs, Husky floor liners

Comment

MZT = Marauder Zip Tube (the air intake tube between the MAF and throttle body).

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
              rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)

Comment

any idea how much difference that might make?
                03 Marauder DPB, HS, 6disk, Organizer Mods> LED's in & Out, M&Z rear control arms, Oil deflector, U-Haul Trans Pan, Blue Fuzzy Dice
                02 SL500 Silver Arrow
                08 TC Signature Limited, HID's Mods>235/55-17 Z rated BFG G-Force Comp-2 A/S Plus, Addco 1" rear Sway, Posi Carrier, Compustar Remote Start, floor liners, trunk organizer, Two part Sun Visors, B&M Trans drain Plug, Winter=05 Mustang GT rims, Nokian Hakkapeliitta R-2 235/55-17
                12 Escape Limited V6 AWD, 225/65R17 Vredestein Quatrac Pro, Winter 235/70-16 Conti Viking Contact7 Mods>Beamtech LED headlight bulbs, Husky floor liners

Comment

With the larger throttle body, intake elbow, MAF, injectors, exhaust, ...

With supporting mods, you can get into 280hp territory IIRC. Maybe 300hp. Somewhere around that in torque too. I know my car has 274 ft-lbs with stock crap on it, so letting it breath better with almost 70% more air would probably give it a boost. I would need a lot more injector to be able to rev over 4000rpm with that much intake though. I'm hitting the max of what the 19# injectors I have can handle with the stock size stuff just moving to a 03/04 MAF. I would suspect an MZT combo would need 24# minumum and 30# possibly if Stainless Works exhaust was in the combo and the engine allowed to push 6500 RPM.

Comment

I was just thinking here of adding it to the 08 TC engine if that is compatible.

also Marauder has a unique air filter. Don't know if they are still available. I think the size is the same as CV but am not sure. I guess if I remember I will check a marauder filter from stock to the 08 TC.
                    02 SL500 Silver Arrow

Comment

My brain is telling me it may mean MAF and Zip Tube.

Been too long since I've done any of this. Either way... tuning will always make things work better after "upgrades".

Comment

^^^ This. The marauder ziptube won’t work because it has an opening for a dual bore, oval shaped throttle body.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by pantera77 View Post
                          i swapped out the aftermarket marauder corners/headlights + painted grille for all new factory repop stuff. (the dark lights on the sliver+chrome weren't doing it for me)
                          booooooooooooooo!
                          '91 LTD Country Squire LX | '82 Cougar GS wagon |'03 Marauder | ' 18 Flex Limited EB
                          formerly: '02 MGM, '04 MGM, '04 MGM v2.0, '04 MM, '07 P71 w/5-speed, '03 SAP P71, '04 CVLX (now in pantera77's stable), '10 P7B

Comment

Originally posted by jaywish View Post
                            I was just thinking here of adding it to the 08 TC engine if that is compatible.

also Marauder has a unique air filter. Don't know if they are still available. I think the size is the same as CV but am not sure. I guess if I remember I will check a marauder filter from stock to the 08 TC.
                            It is compatible, with modification. IIRC Whale Town Cars have their air inlet coming from the bottom of the airbox rather than the front of it like a CV/GMQ/Marauder box. For a '08, just get the intake tube and airbox from a '05+ CVPI, that will have the 80mm MAF and the zip tube you need, and with any luck if the lower box is in fact different, the later CVPI lid and MAF may fit the Townie lower box.

MZT can be done a few ways with regards to parts, and it depends on the year of the car in question as to which is easiest. The reason to seek out a Marauder (or '04 CVPI) airbox would be if you can a '96-'04 you were swapping, because those cars use a different style MAF and its easier to adapt. You also need a '04 CVPI zip tube for a proper MZT on a '96-'04 because the later CVPI tubes lack an IAC port on them. '05+ cars have it easy since aside from a tune its a plug and play direct swap for '05+ CVPI parts, the MAF itself is the same aside from the housing size and calibration.

Oh, and the "Marauder specific" air filter element is still available. It is sometimes also listed as being for a '07+ CVPI or some other weird changeover year. Dunno if Ford actually did use them in the later CVPIs or not. Doesn't much matter because its physically the same size as the "regular" '86+ Panther filter. I've run the Marauder filter in all of my cars for years, while its the same size as a regular one, it has deeper pleating and its usually the same price. Purolator makes a nice one with a good seal that seems to fit better than most when the airbox gets slightly warped.
                            -Steve

2006 Audi A6 S-Line FWD ~132k miles, stock.
                            1998 Mercury Grand Marquis LS HPP ~102k miles, slowly acquiring modifications.
                            1997 Lincoln Town Car Cartier ~145k miles, Ported Plenum, Gutted Airbox, Mechanical Fan Delete, Contour E-fan Retrofit, Dual exhaust, Cats ran away, KYB Gas-A-Justs, P71 front sway bar, air ride reinstalled, Blinker Mod, Projector headlight retrofit, Caddy 4-note horn retrofit, Wood rim steering wheel, rustbelt diet plan..
                            1996 Mercury Grand Marquis GS 117,485mi. R.I.P. 7/14/12

Comment

That lays it out nicely. Thank you.
                              02 SL500 Silver Arrow

Comment

Originally posted by BigMerc96 View Post
                                It is compatible, with modification. IIRC Whale Town Cars have their air inlet coming from the bottom of the airbox rather than the front of it like a CV/GMQ/Marauder box. For a '08, just get the intake tube and airbox from a '05+ CVPI, that will have the 80mm MAF and the zip tube you need, and with any luck if the lower box is in fact different, the later CVPI lid and MAF may fit the Townie lower box.

MZT can be done a few ways with regards to parts, and it depends on the year of the car in question as to which is easiest. The reason to seek out a Marauder (or '04 CVPI) airbox would be if you can a '96-'04 you were swapping, because those cars use a different style MAF and its easier to adapt. You also need a '04 CVPI zip tube for a proper MZT on a '96-'04 because the later CVPI tubes lack an IAC port on them. '05+ cars have it easy since aside from a tune its a plug and play direct swap for '05+ CVPI parts, the MAF itself is the same aside from the housing size and calibration.

Oh, and the "Marauder specific" air filter element is still available. It is sometimes also listed as being for a '07+ CVPI or some other weird changeover year. Dunno if Ford actually did use them in the later CVPIs or not. Doesn't much matter because its physically the same size as the "regular" '86+ Panther filter. I've run the Marauder filter in all of my cars for years, while its the same size as a regular one, it has deeper pleating and its usually the same price. Purolator makes a nice one with a good seal that seems to fit better than most when the airbox gets slightly warped.
                                Dead on of course

I never did so anything other than swap in a p71 zip tube (which just deletes the factory resonators in the factory zip tube)

Comment

Working...
                                X