OTC Monitor 4000E OBD1 Scan Tool

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OTC Monitor 4000E OBD1 Scan Tool

A couple years ago, I bought two OTC OBD1 scan tools together with intent to resell one: the Enhanced Monitor, and the Monitor 4000E. I have now played with both units and decided to keep the Enhanced Monitor, so the 4000E is up for grabs.

Includes:
    Monitor 4000E
    Plastic case
    Vehicle cables: GM (2), Chrysler, and Ford, see photos.
    Vehicle cable extension cord
    Battery terminal clip/cig lighter adapter
    One cartridge: Domestic Pathfinder 1 (covers 79-92 GM, Ford, Chrysler)
    Manuals for the included cartridge

For those who watched my video playing with the Enhanced, I was using Domestic Pathfinder 2, which has some added features over this one. Basic testing is all there but things like tune-up specs are not.

Unit is in working condition. Keypad is lifting but is only a cosmetic fault.

This unit is capable of doing some imports, and newer vehicles I believe up to 96, with different cartridges/cables as appropriate. I can verify this unit does work with Pathfinder '96, but not '99, and cannot accept the OBD2 cable. Accessories are still common on eBay. It does have the datastream/printer connection port, cable for that is not included.

Unit is also listed for sale locally on FB Marketplace and Kijiji. I am asking $100 Canadian which is currently about $76 US. Price will be plus actual shipping cost which will be substantial. As the border is closed, I can't ship from Detroit, so shipping will be from Windsor, ON, Canada. Will ship worldwide. Payment by PayPal please. Only willing to ship to reasonably established GMN members (e.g. you existed here with post history before this post).

Disclaimer: I am slow about boxing, getting shipping quotes, and shipping things. However this should be pretty easy to package as its case just needs a layer of cardboard on the outside, then it's good to go.

Photos: https://imgur.com/a/pHcF3xJ

Current driver: Ranger
    Panthers: 83 GM 2dr | 84 TC | 85 CS
    | 88 TC | 91 GM
    Not Panthers: 85 Ranger | Ranger trailer | 91 Acclaim | 05 Focus
    Gone: 97 CV | 83 TC | 04 Focus | 86 GM
    | Junkyards

This item is still available. Perhaps unsurprisingly, I have had absolutely zero interest. Price is OBO, ideally I'd like it to end up in the hands of someone tinkery.

Border remains effectively closed due to quarantine requirements upon return, so the ship-from is still Windsor, ON (it would otherwise optionally be Detroit, MI).

| 88 TC | 91 GM
    | Junkyards

Comment

Hey Kishy,

Do you still have this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by matth825 View Post
        Hey Kishy,

Do you still have this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        Assuming my storage unit has not been broken into and this item stolen from me, yes, I do still have it.

Shoot me a PM if you like.

The border remains functionally closed, FYI, so if you're in the US I can't do you a favour by shipping it from the Detroit side yet.

| 88 TC | 91 GM
        | Junkyards

Comment

Working...
        X