Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1984 Lincoln Town Car for parts- Batavia IL.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm always browsing CL and came across this. It looks to be a whole car in decent shape- has some body rust, that they are parting for derby use. It looks to have some very nice trim work on it and a nice interior. Too me, it still looks to nice to derby but at least they are offering the parts. I figured I'd post it here for y'all to look at it.

https://chicago.craigslist.org/wcl/p...227987794.html

I'd put pictures on this post but I don't know how from my phone.

If it was closer I'd take a look at it because it looks like it has the real wire wheels on it. They'd be better than my damn wheel covers.
    1987 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series-102k miles- LOPO 302, AOD, open 3.27, Dual exhaust w/ Thrush Turbo mufflers

You aint kidding. Id put all of the seats in my car if this was easy to get to. The seats look MINT.

I am serious here..If you go and look at it and the seats are good id pay 300 for the set front and back...Id have to arrange a time to come and pick them up but damn they look nice. I dont care what you end up paying for them. Id pay 300 regardless for time and leg work.
    Last edited by 87gtVIC; 11-27-2020, 03:26 PM.
    ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
    My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
    My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
    But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
    my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Yes that interior looks great. If you can, help 87gtVIC out ! The rest of the car looks pretty darn good, at least for parts.
      Last edited by Mainemantom; 11-28-2020, 01:33 AM.

Comment

those front corner lenses will be very attractive for several folks that have a Mark VI. And yeah... that interior is near mint.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
        rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
        ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
        Originally posted by dmccaig
        Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

@87gtVic - I live about half an hour away from where that car is. I reached out to him and he is willing to sell all but the drivers seat as he doesn’t have another one to swap in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Give him another seat from a junkyard. Worth it if you get a mint seat

Comment

Originally posted by matth825 View Post
              @87gtVic - I live about half an hour away from where that car is. I reached out to him and he is willing to sell all but the drivers seat as he doesn’t have another one to swap in.

Thanks I do appreciate it.
              ~David~

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Mainemantom View Post
                Give him another seat from a junkyard. Worth it if you get a mint seat
                I would but the only panther I know of in all the yards around here has no interior. Yesterday was junkyard adventure day since I was off.

Anyone in the Chicago area have an unwanted driver seat?

Last edited by matth825; 11-28-2020, 05:27 PM.

Comment

@87GTvic - are you only interested if all of the seats can be purchased?

Comment

@87GTvic - are you only interested if all of the seats can be purchased?

Yes. I am only interested in the complete set if in good condition. No pics of seats from drivers side of car but from what I do see the seats look to be in good shape.
                    ~David~

Comment

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
                      Yes. I am only interested in the complete set if in good condition. No pics of seats from drivers side of car but from what I do see the seats look to be in good shape.
                      Sounds good! If I can come up with another driver seat to have on deck ready to give him I’ll then go out there and get you better pictures.

Comment

Okay man really appreciate. I will PM you my number just in case.

Dont go crazy though. I am interested in them as they will match my interior perfectly but will live on if things dont work out.
                        ~David~

Comment

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
                          Okay man really appreciate. I will PM you my number just in case.

Dont go crazy though. I am interested in them as they will match my interior perfectly but will live on if things dont work out.
                          Sure thing! Always happy to help another panther fan out and save some good parts from a junkyard!

Comment

I would but the only panther I know of in all the yards around here has no interior. Yesterday was junkyard adventure day since I was off.

Anyone in the Chicago area have an unwanted driver seat?

Try the Pick and Pull in Summit. They have one with a burgundy interior. Unknown condition of the seat. A friend of mine saw it yesterday.
                            I just went to the web site and it is "plum" color. Row 5 . According to my friend, the sunroof had been cut out of it.
                            Last edited by Mainemantom; 11-28-2020, 10:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mainemantom View Post
                              Try the Pick and Pull in Summit. They have one with a burgundy interior. Unknown condition of the seat. A friend of mine saw it yesterday.
                              I just went to the web site and it is "plum" color. Row 5 . According to my friend, the sunroof had been cut out of it.
                              Thanks! I completely forgot about that place. It’s been probably 15 years since I’ve been there. I was at two LKQ yards , two smaller yards in Joliet, one yard in Lockport and one in yard Aurora yesterday.

Trip to pick and pull tomorrow!

Last edited by matth825; 11-28-2020, 10:37 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X