What years do these fit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What years do these fit?

Going through some parts and found this coil bracket and front engine bracket with pulley.
    The bracket reaches under the front of the oil pan. 302? 351? What years do they fit?
    WagonMan
    Attached Files
    89 Colony Park
    90 Colony Park
    70 HEMI Daytona Convertible

The coil bracket is consistent with an EEC-IV CFI car - 84/85. It mounts the coil to the front of the head, behind the alternator. I'm not sure if it might also cover any of the EEC-III years but I know it won't apply to a carb car.

I'm not sure about the other brackets but if we think they are for a 302 car, I'm missing that on one of mine...but I think shipping will kill that deal unfortunately.

Current driver: Ranger
    Panthers: 83 GM 2dr | 84 TC | 85 CS
    | 88 TC | 91 GM
    Not Panthers: 85 Ranger | Ranger trailer | 91 Acclaim | 05 Focus
    Gone: 97 CV | 83 TC | 04 Focus | 86 GM
    | Junkyards

Comment

V belt pullies? I think that was 1979-only with the old Fridigdaire compressor.
      86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
      I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

No, serpentine pulleys, but the adjusting pulley has real big angled lips on it. WagonMan
        89 Colony Park
        90 Colony Park

Comment

prob CFI then. Later stuff was more square, early ones had that C shape where it bolted to the compressor.
          5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

looks like a cfi era bracket

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
            2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
            1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
            1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
            2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
            1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

So it would be only 302 and not 351? WagonMan
              89 Colony Park
              90 Colony Park

Comment

not sure if that one is different. I know the upper bracket is. They are actually stamped 5.0 or 5.8.

Comment

The Mad Marquis (88 MGM) has the high lipped tensioner pulley as well.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                  rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                  Originally posted by gadget73
                  ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                  Originally posted by dmccaig
                  Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Working...
                  X