New member here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mainemantom View Post
    For me,only one major advantage of being single. No one to tell me how many cars I could have.
    ..Have you tried dating? Why is it people approach it this way? I can't help but scoff at this attitude. No one tells me how many cars I can own, how many speakers/amplifiers I purchase nor do I have ask for permission to have my balls back occasionally and I'm married. My advice is to find someone you're actually compatible with in areas that actually matter to you. Considering the millions of people roaming the earth, a suitable match does actually exist. Especially if my difficult ass could find such a match.
    1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
    1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat View Post
      ..Have you tried dating? Why is it people approach it this way? I can't help but scoff at this attitude. No one tells me how many cars I can own, how many speakers/amplifiers I purchase nor do I have ask for permission to have my balls back occasionally and I'm married. My advice is to find someone you're actually compatible with in areas that actually matter to you. Considering the millions of people roaming the earth, a suitable match does actually exist. Especially if my difficult ass could find such a match.
      Dating, oh yes, prior to being married the first time for 18 years. Then dated again. I have been happily married for almost 21 years. What I meant was in marriage no one agrees on everything all the time. Well my wife with all due respect to her, does not care about things. To her, My cars and parts =hoarding. She does not understand my hobby. Why ? because she was a missionary and she lived in a 3rd world country, where people had very little. I lived there too,so I understand her perspective. Americans have too much stuff and complain instead of making due with what they have.
      So I am wise to "pick my battles" I have a happy wife, a happy life, about 98 percent of the time.No fights, harsh words,etc. For me single life sucked. The only real benefit IF I were to be single again would to be able to own as many cars as I wanted. To buy,sell, trade with nobody to object to it.. It is just wisdom that comes from age and experience. Sometimes we don't always get what we want in life. Cars or parts can't take care of us when we are sick or dying. Hopefully my point is now clearer.
      Last edited by Mainemantom; 01-02-2021, 11:03 PM.

Comment

When the thrill of living is gone, so am I. When I'm no longer able to support the tribe by providing provisions, I do not want people caring for me. Think of me as old yeller. My hobbies are a huge part of who I am, I could not imagine being with someone who didn't share them, it wouldn't work. Ash and I have driven over a thousand miles one way just to look at a truck, for example. We've driven 300 miles one way for a set of speakers. I don't know what it means to "pick my battles" other than when I hear about it through work or second hand conversations. I've heard the whole "happy wife, happy life" thing but I matter too. It's 50/50, and I'm not about to stow away how I feel and then punch a hole in the wall or something when the other person isn't looking, like this here: (Start watching at the 3 minute mark)

I seldom do things like that, if something bothers me with someone I consider myself close to, I take it up with them. This way, we can attempt to come to a resolution and a better understanding can be had moving forward. The common denominator to me for most things is that people are afraid to openly communicate with each other. I enjoyed being single. It helped me discover who I am as a person and what I'd like in a partner. I also enjoyed dating, whew boy did I meet some colorful people from every end of the spectrum. When I met Ashley, she was at first just another person I went out with. If someone took me aside and told me we'd be married and living together those years ago I'd have laughed me ass off. I think that's also key, not to have any expectations. I think people also put too much upfront on others internally. They want so much to find someone so that "their troubles are over" type stuff that when they finally do go on a few dates with someone, that person becomes "the one" despite the red flags they're ignoring.

I've never subscribed to what essentially boils down to the "lets feel better about ourselves after thinking how much worse others have it" mantra. Personal struggle is just that, personal. I spend about as much time thinking about others in third world countries ect as they spend thinking about me. I see and understand the perspective, but it isn't for me. I didn't ask to be born, nor are the world's troubles mine to shoulder. So with that in mind, I make the best of what I can using/exploiting my abilities and attributes the best I can. Sometimes you eat the bar and other times it eats you. Stamina, resilience, integrity and tenacity get me through it all.
        1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
        1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

Well I see your side and respect your opinion. It is a little different when you have extended family members third world counties. I have one person person on my side. My wife has 135 relatives in the USA. ALL immigrated legally since 1957. Many others overseas. When earthquakes, 26 typhoons (average) etc wipe out everything you have, poverty is all that is left. This Covid thing has almost forbidden the people's ability to work.
          All I know is I don't have much time/years left. I want to live and die in peace. My wife is the ONLY one that truly loves me on this earth. Maybe we can bless people along the way. Our life is but a vapor then passes away.

Comment

Working...
          X