Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That is a GREAT idea, thanks!

Comment

Why not - you did a GREAT job and hopefully others can benefit from your diligence and good work!
      What I Own: 1993 Mercury Grand Marquis GS
      What I Help Maintain: 1996 CV / 1988 CV / 1988 Tempo

Comment

Thanks for the kind words.
        I wouldn't say great lol. I did OK. I am very familiar with the early 4r70w trans connectors, and i knew i was going to have to wire in those (2) additional circuits for NSS and reverse lamps anyways.
        When i went to wire in the reverse lamps, i noticed that their wires were already there. Not exactly Sherlock Holmes material but my hope is if i tell them about it, i might not have to wait on hold so long haahahaha

Comment

I still gotta mount some relays and remount a small fuse box. Drill a small hole through the firewall to run power wires through that will power those relays. Power comes from battery to a neat little fuse box that takes mega-fuses (hey it's what i had at the time) and then will run into the cabin to (3) relays. Also have (2) relays that will stay in the engine bay. Waiting on some parts but looking forward to getting this done. I actually really enjoy wiring.
          Last edited by massacre; 06-14-2022, 07:00 PM.

Comment

Attention to detail + logical determination of problem + fixing the problem to produce correct result = GREAT job!
            What I Own: 1993 Mercury Grand Marquis GS
            What I Help Maintain: 1996 CV / 1988 CV / 1988 Tempo

Comment

Made a bracket to mount (3) relays. Wired up the battery 12v sides, and the grounds. Tested them all with power probe, they all work!
              Friday i hope to make some more progress. Getting close!

Click image for larger version

Name:	GgsYam.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	62.5 KB
ID:	1290356

Comment

mmm... like me some angry pixies.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                Originally posted by gadget73
                ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                Originally posted by dmccaig
                Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

The built in fuses are neat.
                  ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                  My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                  My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                  But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
                    The built in fuses are neat.
                    Yeah i thought so too.

Comment

Holley Term X Max is finally installed!
                      I initially had some starting issues, but that was fuel system related, not Holley related. Once the fuel issue was sussed out, the Holley is working nicely. I still have to finish the exhaust, mount the battery box, and fix the hole in the drivers side floor. Going today to get 4 new tires.

The amount of parameters that can be tuned with this system is incredible, and somewhat overwhelming until i get my laptop and familiarize myself with this system. But for the money, it really is worth it IMHO over the 1994 OBD-I system that i was previously using.
                      The wiring is pretty easy, if you are experienced with that kind of stuff. The directions are pretty thorough, even though they are more LS1 specific than Mod Motor specific. I added a Meziere electric water pump which seems to be working well so far. The wideband O2 that comes with the kit is also working nicely so far.

The car is not street legal yet but it drives pretty good around my driveway lol. I'll update this thread as things progress.
                      Thanks for reading!

Comment

I got the new tires on, put the fenders/hood/bumper/grille/lights back on it. Fired it up and took it for a short drive down the street. Drove great! Got a laptop as well, waiting for CAN/BUS splitter cable. Still need an SD card reader. Working with the RMV to get a title and registration.
                        Looking at exhaust systems now, and will need to modify my fuel pump hanger once the parts arrive.

Comment

Great work so far. Definitely a dream project of mine. It's worth it when you finally get to drive it.
                          1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
                          1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
                          Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
                          Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

I typed up a huge update to this thread, with explanations and pics but for some reason if i click to another tab it wouldn't save. Very frustrating.
                            I'm guessing it's a problem on my end but i have to wait until i have more time to post a compete update.

Comment

Word limit maybe. I've run into that in the past (cant remember if it has happened here, may not apply). Fortuneatly nothing lost, just opened up the same thread in a new tab and copy/pasted into a couple extra replies.

Comment

For long reply's I have learned to either write some and then copy and paste it into another document to have as a back up, or just type up the entire response in word or something similar. Ive been burned like you.
                                ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                                My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                                My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                                But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Working...
                                X